Start new topic
AOCAF 14 RP Thread
Posted: May 20 2006, 01:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image
Magic Number Shifts to 3
3 matches, 3 draws, 3rd place

The atmosphere was electric. Shubunkin Park was literally awash with a crazy atmosphere. The Nedalia Lions were here, and their fans were rabidly looking for them to erase the feelings that followed an opening match loss to ASMV. And The Kingdom’s Necromancers were here. Their fans had made the trip to see if their squad could pull off the most unlikely theft of at least a point thus far. The whole place seemed much more like a circus than a football match.

Queen Sonya Sabre sat in her private box and took in the sounds. If the crowd frenzy was any indication, this would be one hell of a match. And it did not disappoint her in that respect.

Nedalia would strike first, late in the first half. The goal was a magnificent effort that left the Necromancers reeling and a little drained. Luckily the half arrived without further incident. Just like the previous two matches, D&S would play from behind. It was a good thing the squad was getting proficient at that.

In the 57th minute, The Necromancers would even the score and secure their third straight draw. Cierra Samantha’s goal kick was short, but found Estrella Finau waiting to move it forward. A nifty spin on the far sideline edged her past the Lion midfielder who had hopes of taking the ball. Lupe Tatu received the excellent pass in full stride and quickly moved the ball on the attack. Two Lion defenders closed in and Tatu would give the ball up to a streaking Melonie Gaffer who easily beat both the defender and the keeper to earn her second goal of the AOCAF.

The score would end that way. 1-1 wasn’t so bad when you are ranked 25 points behind the side you stole a point from. That draw edges the Necromancers into sole possession of 3rd place in the standings. But let’s not kid ourselves just yet. Group 3 is far to tight to call. Fmjphoenix moved to the top spot on a 1 point goal differential over ASMV. Both sides have 4 points. We have 3. Nojika now remains with 2 after their 0-2 loss to the Vikings. Nedalia is on the hot seat with a single point. Not to worry, though. ASMV, Nedalia, and Fmjphoenix have all done away with their bye dates. Nojika has theirs tomorrow while we get stuck with ours on the final day.

Next up are the River Dragons of ASMV. We would like to think we can get another draw in this one. We really can. But what we need is a win. 4 points might not be enough to move on. It would really suck to be sent home and not play the next round - without a loss. Hmmmm.. Think about that one for a bit. That would really suck.
Dorian and Sonya
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 20 2006, 06:17 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Matchday Three of AOCAF 14, and the good people of the Blessed Realm are preparing themselves for the Aroras' big showdown against their dreaded bogey team Pacitalia. As per usual, the streets are deserted as billions of eager footy fans congregate around television sets, big screens, computers, radios and other forms of electronic media, all to watch their heroes in action.

One such place is the Pie & Pixie, that oh-so-popular sports café in downtown Pifton. As with other neighbourhoods, the streets of this normally bustling Gabalfa suburb are quiet, peaceful, deserted, serene... even the familiar comedy tumbleweed is nowhere to be seen - perhaps even he's too busy watching the match buildup to... ah no, there he is, tumbling away quite merrily down Pifton High Street.

And so we cut to the Pie & Pixie, packed to the rafters with Bettians all decked out in green and gold. Spirits are high, as is the anticipation - could Bettia finally get one over the Foxes? They'll certainly won't have a better chance for quite a while - after all, the magnificent Stadiwm Bettia is the venue for today's match, a venue whose atmosphere has been known to reduce grown men (and the odd woman) to tears. But that confidence is about to be shattered...

Sat at their usual table, sipping their usual cups of tea and eating their usual scones are Glyn, Mick and Ali, a trio of the P&P's regulars, busily chatting about this, that and the other, assessing Bettia's chances, when all of a sudden, a sickened look descends upon Ali's face.

"Oh crap."

"Eh?" asks Mick, looking more than a little puzzled. "What's up?"

Ali points towards the door. "Look who's just walked in."

There, looking a lot less flustered than usual is George, their good friend.

Ali stands up. "George, what the hell are you doing here at this time of day?"

George looks a bit cnofused (but not as confused as the writer's spelling).

"Excuse me?"

"You're early. The game hasn't even started and... you're here."

"Yup!"

"But... why? How? I don't understand."

"Well, I'm sick to death of missing all those great matches. It's always the same - the Aroras play some of their best football, the match is an absolute classic - and yours truly misses the lot... well, except the last five minutes. And it's always some excuse. Take that game against Geisenfried... I'm all set to leave, I close the door and some bloody vacuum cleaner salesman stops me and wastes the best patr of an hour trying to flog me one of hose newfangled bagless cyclonic jobbies. Well, I'm sick to death of it, so today I left the house nice and early - three hours early to be exact, and here I am, ready for the kickoff?"

"Ummm, it took you three hours to walk half a mile?"

George chuckles. "Yes, it's quite a funny story actually..."

"Sod that, the game's about to start. COME ON YOU 'RORAS!"

Two hours later, and the normally bustling Pie & Pixie is still. An eery hush has descended upon the place. The hundreds of expectant fans are sat silently, their mouths agape, staring blankly at the big screen after being subjected to a horror show. Ali leans over towards George.

"Did that just happen?"

"I don't know? I can't be. It must be a nightmare. Yes, that's what it is, a nightmare. A quick slap and I'll be awake."

Mick promptly obliges by twátting George across the face. "Sorry mate, couldn't resist!"

"That... that hurt a little." says George, rubbing his cheek. "Damn it! It WAS real!"

"Four-nil? At home? To Pacitalia!? But... but how? How could this happen?"

"This is all your fault George!"

"MY fault? How!?"

"You got here on time, that's how! You're bad luck, you are - a bloody jinx. Whenever you're late, we always play well, but today you were sat there the whole time and, well, you jinxed the team!"

"Oh that's bollocks and you know it. And just to prove it... you know tomorrow's game against Vilita? Well, I'm gonna be the first one sitting here - you'll see, I'm not bad luck at all."

"NOOOOOOOOO! George, don't do it! We need to win that game!"

Will George REALLY arrive on time twice in a row?

Will he prove them wrong?

Or will our plucky Aroras get another tonking?
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: May 20 2006, 12:15 PM

I tawt I taw a Hyppo'tat
Don't worry, we're good again

Jade Matranga: has there ever been a Starblaydi so blessed with her movement, positional ability and tactical brain on the field. Well, probably a couple, but no more than a handful. When Jade is in the side, you never quite know where she's going to play. Wide left, in the centre or through the middle, she's a constant threat to all the defenders in front of her. So constant, in fact, that she grabbed a pair of goals in this game against Hypocria, taking her career tally to ten.

Also on the scoresheet was Francisco Ibanez, clearing up after a corner and deciding to have a go from long range. He was booked for his threatening celebration and will miss the match against Bazalonia. He will most likely be replaced by Tabitha Di Bradini. Cherry Garcia rounded off the 4-1 win with a goal ten minutes from time, capping off a day when Starblaydia were back to their best.

Starblaydia will have to negotiate the Second Round of the AOCAF for the first time since... well, ever, actually, as they've always progressed straight to the Quarters. This time, however, a slightly different tournament structure from the Bettian hosts is sending all but four teams through to the second round, rather than give Group Winners a Bye to the Quarter Finals.

Starblaydia have never, ever, not never (and so on) failed to make it to the Quarter Finals of the AOCAF. To do so now, forty-eight years after making their debut in the competition, would be the biggest embarrasment since... ever.

Final Score from Al-Fath Stadium, Sukatra:
Starblaydia 4 - 1 Hypocria
(J. Matranga 39 & 72, Ibanez 51, Garcia 81) - (Morales 45)
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 20 2006, 06:22 PM

Geisen who?

Apparently, the Lamonian AOCAF squad was facing an newbie squad from the nation of Geisenfried. Given that fact, Coach Boldman decided to let the Lamonian reserves get some playing time in. Well, we can't say that we were suprised at the results. Lamoni's reserve 11 defeated the main Geisenfried team 3-0. The win places Lamoni in the number one spot of Group Two, from where they will have to defeat hosts Bettia in their next match if the Hawks wish to retain their first place spot into the knockouts. With two wins and a draw, this is turning out to be a jolly good group for the Hawks to be in to date. The worst that the Hawks can finish now is fourth, and that would require Pacitalia to draw against Vilita COMBINED with a Lamoni loss to Bettia.

The Bettian squad still has a big target on their backsides from when they defeated Lamoni in the AOCAF XIII knockouts. If that wasn't bad enough, Lamoni would have had an excellent shot at the AOCAF XIII cup if they had not lost to Bettia. Needless to say, the coach (as well as the entire Lamonian nation) will be expecting a big game from the rested Lamonian starting 11.

The Lamonian starters just might need that rest they got; because Bettia has gone with a highly offensive strategy. A good defense will help Lamoni tremendously in this match, but we hope that the Hawks don't neglect their own offense in doing so.

We have absolutely no idea who Lamoni will face in the knockouts, but our chances can only be helped by remaining in first place.

Lamonian Reserve Forwards Julio Makuch (24), and Lance Zynda (35, 39) scored the only three goals of the match.

Lamoni - 3 Julio Makuch (24), Lance Zynda (35, 39)
Geisenfried - 0

This post has been edited by Lamoni on May 20 2006, 06:23 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 20 2006, 11:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

On their day off the Bazalopes decided to go and watch the Hypocrian vs. Starblaydia match. They decided to keep their attendance secret not going in their WC tracksuits but in ''normal" clothes. Most of the team cheered for Hypocria simply because they didn't like Starblaydia more. Despite this fact the Hypocrian team was dominated by the Starblaydi team. The Hyppos main positive highlight of the match was their goal just seconds before the half time siren sounded.

With the 4-1 demolishing of the Hypocrians most teams would be dreading but the demolishing just made them more eager to pull an upset. They did it against Hypocria once, they could do it again against Starblaydia. Well' that's their hope.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: May 20 2006, 11:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama News-Today-Tommorow-Chronicle-Telegraph-Journal-Update -Register-Sun-Enquirer-Post-Gazette-Times-Picayune-Herald

Sports Section

The Warriors advance after uninspiring performace

After several performances that would put fear in nobody least of all our opponents the Milchama Warriors advanced to the second round today after barely getting one win and getting another draw against Bedistan. The Warriors looked uninspired and played poorly in many of their games. Of course things could change in the next round and according to Patrice Thibault they will as he said, "We felt pretty confident that if we just won one game we would advance and we had to do what we had to do. We did what we had to do and beat Iksonic and we advanced. Now we will be against tougher teams with more to play for and bet you a lot that we will be more inspired. If we are not more inspired then you can fire me and replace me with a different manager because I have failed my duty and am no longer fit to manage."

Well we can only hope for better results because the current ones are not too good. At least maybe a bad job in the group stage is a sign for advancement unlike the World Cup where a good job by Milchama in the group stage led to a crusheraiding by Fmjphoenix. We can only hope for better results in the AOCAF this time around.
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 01:12 AM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image
Necromancers Crush River Dragons - Qualify

Queen Sonya was completely speechless. So much had ridden on the Necromancer’s match today against the River Dragons of ASMV. It mattered little that the Necromancer’s were undefeated coming into the match, they were also winless. Three straight draws and a bye for the final day almost literally had the squad in a “must win” situation. No one in the Kingdom wanted to see their squad go home at this point. Disappointments in the World Cup and Cup of Harmony had the nation reeling for some good news.

The Queen was no different. She suffered the same heartaches that the different squads went through with them. And there had been plenty of that as of late. It was past time to show someone that we really do belong somewhere.

The match started poorly, as usual, for the Necromancers. ASMV’s Broderick Wallenstein had given the River Dragons reason to celebrate early as he put the squad up 1-0 after just 5 minutes of play. All signs pointed to a very long afternoon for the Necromancers.

But as they have proven time and again, the squad from the Kingdom relishes second half play. Not to mention that they seem to sleep until the opponent has an advantage. In the second half, D&S put on a show that no one who witnessed it would soon forget.

Lupe Tatu would find Melonie Gaffer for the first goal for the Kingdom in the 51st minute of play. That one evened the score. Tatu would play a huge role for the Necromancers in this one. The 65th minute saw him find Richie Pirieda for the go ahead goal. His hard work would be rewarded in the 85th minute when Gaffer returned a pass that set up an easy goal for Tatu. The Necromancers would leave the pitch with a convincing 3-1 win over ASMV.

That means that D&S is the only side that has earned qualification thus far with 6 points to top the group after 4 match days. ASMV, Nedalia, and Fmjphoenix all have 4 points while Nojika is just behind with 2. We would love to say that we really care about tomorrow’s matches while we have our bye. But we don’t. The Necromancers are in - shocked but in nonetheless.
Dorian and Sonya
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 01:33 AM
PMEmail Poster

user posted image
Here We Go Again

This is Hal Rosh reporting live from Bettia.

And here we go again, Ladies and Gentlemen. The AOCAF luck of ASMV is poised and ready to strike yet again.

For those of you who have been buried under a rock for the past……oh we’ll say forever, let me catch you up to speed on ASMV’s luck in the AOCAF. And it is not good. In AOCAF XII, ASMV cruised early, even gaining a victory over Starblaydia. A qualification spot was held until the final day when Starblaydia took revenge for the loss by taking our spot in the next round. In AOCAF XIII, ASMV had much the same luck. Early favorable results, and a qualification spot, were undone on the final match day as Bazalonia moved on in our place. You can see where I am going with this now, can’t you?

This is now AOCAF XIV. The River Dragons earned a draw on MD1 with Nojika and defeated the mighty Lions of Nedalia on MD2. MD3 was a bye date and the lowly Necromancers of Dorian and Sonya posed the MD4 competition. This should be an easy 3 points for the River Dragons. Right? WRONG! The Necromancers came, saw, and kicked the -explicitive removed- out of us. And that brings us back to the way the past two AOCAF’s have ended.

D&S has earned a qualification spot. That leaves 4 squads all wanting just 3 more places. Interesting. ASMV now sits behind Nedalia and Fmjphoenix on goal differential at 4 points while Nojika is still lurking around with a chance to qualify as well. Interesting. ASMV faces Fmjphoenix on the final day. Not Interesting. It really sucks.

The scenario is simple. If Nojika draws or loses to Nedalia, we move on. But our luck says Nojika will win just to spite us. If that does happen, we must at least draw against the Vikings. I told you it sucked. Will we move on? We have been in a qualifying spot all along, so past experience says we are going the hell home now. Guess we just have to wait and see.
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 05:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

On The Brink

The enthusiasm for international football that could once be seen all over the Autocracy seems to be evaporating. Where once the Hyppos could count on the support of untold millions, now the general attitude seems to be a collective “meh”. The World Cup has spawned countless disappointments, the Under-21 team has never managed to regain the heights it once reached and now the glory days of AOCAF XI seem but a distant memory. Not even qualification for the last World Cup managed to re-ignite the passions. And that’s hardly surprising. After stumbling through an incredibly easy qualification group the Hyppos were soundly humiliated in New Montreal States, losing all three matches.

And the AOCAF, for a long time the Autocracy’s strongest tournament, is delivering much of the same. A narrow win over Bazalonia is hardly much of a highlight but sadly it is the highlight. The men in blue and white failed against lowly Myrtannia and were handed a heavy beating by Starblaydia.

Now it seems the nation has reached it’s limit . . .

“International football is an expensive business”, HFA chief Alex Scott admitted. “So not only are we continuously embarrassing the nation we’re also paying through the nose for that dubious privilege. I just don’t see the point anymore.”

That statement has sent the newswires back home crazy and rumours abound that Scott isn’t just considering ending our AOCAF involvement but is instead contemplating ending the Autocracy’s participation in every major sporting event.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 21 2006, 09:16 AM
PMEmail Poster

At least they'll advance

After Sarzonia flamed out of the World Cup with losses in each of their three matches, Sarzonia played three consecutive draws but with the format of AOCAF XIV, they'll advance to the second round of the tournament after last year's elimination from the group stage. It may not be the show of force Coach Brett Hancock wanted for his charges, but the Stars are moving on.

"We earned draws against quality sides like Bedistan and Krytenia," Hancock said. "Hopefully, we can pull off what we did in AOCAF XI." For anyone who hasn't followed the team's exploits, they earned one win and four draws in the group stage, then went on a roll all the way to the AOCAF final. The team's championship dreams ended with a 2-1 loss to Hypocria after extra time, but Sarzonia came back to win the title one year later.

A strong performance in the AOCAF tournament would go a long way toward convincing the Incorporated Football Federation brass that Hancock should be hired as the full-time national team coach, but Hancock said he's not thinking in those terms.

"Right now, I just want us to be ready for the next match and let the chips fall where they may," Hancock said.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 01:45 PM

Vega Bags 'Perfect' Hat-Trick!
Starblaydia take first, play hosts next

As if it's not enough to score three goals in a match, some fool has to go and invent a 'perfect' hat-trick. And, lo and behold, Roberto Vega only went and scored one against Bazalonia.

The definition of a 'perfect' hat-trick is simple, score three goals in a match: one with the head and one with each foot. After Jackie Maitland had put Starblaydia 1-0 up within twenty minutes, Roberto then went on a scoring spree, bagging his three goals before half-time. Starblaydia were 4-0 up at the break and subsequently started "taking the piss" and conceeded two goals before substitute Donii put the game beyond doubt.

Back to Vega, however, who's first goal was a flicked-on header from a Jade Matranga cross. He cleverly redirected the flight of the ball and put it beyond the reach of Jeffery Constantine. Just two minutes later he scrambled in a second, swinging a left boot at the bal during a goalmouth scramble and crashing the ball into the net. Just before half time he made it three, latching onto a Niodonna through ball and calmly firing past Constantine to make it three goals in nine minutes. This marks the thirty-one year-old's second hat-trick for his nation, equalling the two hat-tricks by Dasha Tolkacheva, but still behind Menecrates' record tally of three.

Though the whirling furry dervish that is Peter Hobble scored a brace of goals as Starblaydia thought they were cruising at 4-0, subsitute Donii opened his account for the national team in only his third appearance for the team.

Starblaydia now face hosts Bettia at the Alice Street Stadium in Butetown, and this will surely attract more Dwarven fans to the match than previous, due to their famous meat pies and lack of seats. Expect lots of short, fat, bearded types in the lower tiers waving purple and white flags and weilding inflatable axes - despite there being no Dwarves in this particular Starblaydi squad, they'll go anywhere for a good meat pie.

Final Score from Al-Fath Stadium, Sukatra:
Starblaydia 5 - 2 Bazalonia
(Maitland 18, Vega 33 & 35 & 42, Donii 76) - (Hobble 54 & 68)
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: May 21 2006, 02:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

Dryads Draw Again, Qualify for Knockouts

Somewhere in Bettia - Well, the Myrtannia Dryads recieved good news and bad news today, making it once again a mixed basket at best for the men and women in orange and blue. Firstly, after a horrifying performance in the last AOCAF, Myrtannia has qualified for round two in AOCAF XIV, with a draw against the lowly Lowland Clans to finish 1-3-0: technically, undefeated.

In a highly defensive match the Clans scored first, just before the break between halves. A goal went in past Flo Krabel, putting them up 1-0 at half-time, but the Dryads weren't about to lose a match in this AOCAF. Once again motivated by a halftime speech by coach America McNany, the Dryads came out and made a game of it, taking a lot of shots on the Lowland Clans' goal. Finally, one went in, courtesy of the one and only Deeann Massetti.

At the final whistle, Myrtannia had a 1-1 draw with the Clans, and celebrated officially quialifying for the second round of AOCAF XIV. They needed a draw or a victory to do it, and the tie was good enough to push the improved Dryads over the edge. On Day Five, Hypocria scored a win, and leap-frogged Myrtannia into second, with Starblaydia winning the group as expected. Bazalonia rounded out the group's qualifiers, sending the Lowland Clans home.

"It was the win over Starblaydia that got us into the second round, but the ties certainly didn't hurt. Now, we've got to figure out what we're going to do with our playoff berth," Dania Figary said.

That brings about the bad news: finishing third in group four, the Dryads were slotted to play a second place finisher from one of the other groups. They were hoping and praying for Dorian and Sonya, but no such luck there. Myrtannia now faces long-time AOCAF juggernaut and regional founder Vilita in the second round. Odds are heavily stacked against the young Dryads, but hey, anything's possible, right?

"I think that as long as we can control the tempo of the match, and play aggressively out there, we have a fighting chance. The Jungle Cats are really talented, so we'll see how we fare out there against them. We've never faced a Vilitan side before, so we'll see how this turns out," Massetti stated, "They said the same kind of things about Starblaydia, and we knocked them off. It's not over 'til the fat lady sings, I guess."

The Lowland Clans 1 - 1 Myrtannia
(44) (Massetti 78)
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 04:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

Milchama News-Today-Tommorow-Chronicle-Telegraph-Journal-Update -Register-Sun-Enquirer-Post-Gazette-Times-Picayune-Herald

Sports Section

At least we're good somewhere

The World Cup was very good for us as we won our group and advanced to the second round. The AOCAF though has been a different story as after a bad 3-1 drubbing at the hands of Sarzonia we go into the second round with little optimism or in many people's minds little chance of success after getting only one win in the group stage against bottom feeders Iksonic. The whole situation looks good but Patrice Thibault assured the press again that the play against Sarzonia would look nothing like the play against Lamoni. He said that the Warriors would play faster better and harder against the Hawks and said he would pull no stops to stop the Hawks.

With that speech by Thibault we give you the infamous Milchamian predictions for the second round:

Krytenia vs Fmjphoenix- A good match between two very good sides. Krytenia seem to do better in regional competition and therefore will advance with a 2-1 scoreline.

Starblaydia vs Bettia- This is THE matchup of the second round as former champions Starblaydia against the hosts Bettia. With the crowd fully behind the Aroras it will be close but Starblaydia will pull it out in the end 3-2 in extra time.

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega vs Bazalonia- ASMV seems to do better in tournaments than Bazalonia it is as simple as that and that means that the River Dragons will advance hear 2-0.

Lamoni vs Milchama- It should be an inspired performance by the Warriors as they try to prove the numerous critics in Milchama wrong. We have a feeling that the Warriors finally put it all together in a stunning fashion with a 3-1 victory over the Hawks of Lamoni.

Hypocria vs Pacitalia- The Hyppos seem on the edge of quitting international football while the Pacitalians have long tried to thrive on only regional tournaments and the U21 football cup. The Hyppos though seem to be desperate to prove something to the Hypocrian press and will win a close match in penalties after a 1-1 draw during regular time.

Sarzonia vs Nedalia- The Stars looked brilliant in their destruction of us today and we have a feeling that that momentum will continue as they beat the Lions from Nedalia 2-0.

Vilita vs Myrtannia- This should be an interesting matchup as Vilita has the history but has been showing less of a tendency to care while Myrtannia doesn't have much history but has one of the most active press corps we have seen at the regional level. With this pendulum swinging we see the rising new comers beat the sagging oldies in a demolition 3-0.

Dorian & Sonya vs Bedistan
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 21 2006, 04:59 PM

Hawks advance as 1 seed, play Milchama

With a 2-1 victory over Bettia, Lamoni has advanced to the knockouts as the Group Two 1 seed. Lamoni will be facing Milchama, who Lamoni should be able to defeat fairly easily. This doesn't stop the Milchamans from barking, though:

Lamoni vs Milchama- It should be an inspired performance by the Warriors as they try to prove the numerous critics in Milchama wrong. We have a feeling that the Warriors finally put it all together in a stunning fashion with a 3-1 victory over the Hawks of Lamoni.

Don't worry, we are sure that the Milchaman bark is MUCH worse than their bite. When we aren't rolling on the floor with laughter about the above quote from the Milchaman media, we've been running the numbers. As expected, they say that Lamoni should win this match, and advance to the next round of the knockouts to face an as yet unknown squad.

The game against Bettia was a 'must win' if Lamoni wanted to retain the Group Two 1 seed into the knockouts. Things looked bad for Lamoni when Bettia scored in the 18th minute; but Lamonian Forward Julio Sarabia scored two goals in the 68th and 76th minute to put the game away for Lamoni. Bettia faces Starblaydia next, in what should be a good game; though we won't be shedding a tear either way for whoever loses that match.

Here are our predictions for the knockout matches:

Krytenia vs Fmjphoenix

This should be a good match between two fairly even teams. We suspect that a coin flip will be the most accurate way of determining who will win this one.

Starblaydia vs Bettia

This should also be a good match, though we think that Starblaydia will be able to win this one.

ASMV vs Bazalonia

Another one that might be too close to call. Though, Bazalonia has been in the knockouts before while ASMV has had their qualifying place stolen from them the last few AOCAFs. That might affect things in Bazalonia's favor.

Lamoni vs Milchama

Let's put it this way: Lamoni 3 - Milchama 1

Hypocria vs Pacitalia

This one might well go into penalties. While Hypocria tries to prove that they still have what it takes, Pacitalia seems to thrive at this stage.

Sarzonia vs Nedalia

Sarzonia has momentum, but it might not be enough against Nedalia. This also should be a close game, but Sarzonia might pull it off.

Vilita vs Myrtannia

Most people would be starting to dig a grave for the entire Myrtannian team at this point, but we think that Myrtannia might well have a chance with Vilita's apathy.

Dorian & Sonya vs Bedistan

The battle of two lower ranked teams, we think that D&S might well win this one, unless Bedistan gives us a more inspiring performance than they have to date in this AOCAF.

Lamoni - 2 Julio Sarabia (68, 76)
Bettia - 1 (18)
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 21 2006, 07:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Hey I just read this Lamonian news report about your prediction for the next round and I just have to say good job."

"Why is that, sir?"

"Now we have two nations who consider our predictions as infamous and the more we have the better"

"I'll try to do more sir."

"Thanks Jonny"
Milchama
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0299 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->