Start new topic
Connecting Vilita Cove With Holy Sea!
Posted: May 23 2004, 02:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

In light of recent events, Imperator Revan Uvirith has decided to link Vilita Cove with the Holy Sea as well as connecting the Crystilakere Channel to this river system by constructing canals through sector 6 and 5 in the Primear region.

It is our hope that such canals will improve the speed of oil transports from Nojika to The Holy Saints, Exham, AM, HE, and Crystilakere, as well as improve trade and tourism between the nations.

Novus Atlantica won't begin contruction until the nations that will be affected by these Canals have approved.

:Quaestor Saryn Sarethi

This post has been edited by Novus Atlantica on May 23 2004, 02:36 PM
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2004, 02:52 PM
PMEmail Poster

I was hoping someone would get round to that. Since the new map I hadn?t expanded into those areas to build canals like I did before.
What I suggest in this case is an international team takes control of those blocks (shrunk of course) and a multi-national public/private fund is put together to build the canals as it would be a huge project. Halor may also want to see foreign funds to build hi sown canal to link the NA-Nojika area to Tarru and so fourth but there are less opportunities there of course.
A multi-nation company needs to be created for this, like eurotunnel was created to build the channel tunnel from the UK to France. There?s no way you could build it on your own right after a war, that?s suicide.
Tachbe would be willing to contribute to such a fund with return of the profits till the contribution is paid off. After all nations are paid off by the profits it could fall back to you perhaps if the company was based in NA? In fact as a sign of co-operation, all south cove states should act together maybe?

How does that sound?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2004, 07:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

Soul Expression has also anticipated this eventuality and are commited to seeing this project bear fruit.

We are willing to contribute sgnificant funds to this project.

We are not as concerned with profitable returns as with the assurance of our accessibility to it and the northern states for trade.

We also believe that those nations unwilling to contribute to the project, be made to pay tariffs on any goods or vessels, desiring to utilize the canal.

Soul Expression would like an approximate estimate of the costs for this canal, in order to calculate how much we will contribute.

TY
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 23 2004, 08:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

As of now there are no estimates of construction costs.

(Perhaps Tachbe should put a scale on the map?)

:Praetor Alonius Patricus
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 04:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

Good lord no, if I put a scale on people would have even more of an exuse to complain that they odnt have enough room. And If I make it huge they It wouldn't fit in on the world map. Perhaps just work in percentages?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 04:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

Crystilakere will support and provide funding for this endeavor.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 05:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

Wouldn't it be much simpler to just post a list here?

The Mid-Way Canal

Estimated time of construction: 10-20 years

Estimated cost: $10-$100 billion

Nations contributing to this project:

-Novus Atlantica
-Crystilakere
-Soul Expression(contribution=25%)
-Tachbe

The initial contributions to the canal's construction will be substantial. The profits, however, will be quite minimal. A possible avenue of revenues would be a type of customs taxe, where any canal crossers shipping goods,would have to pay duty on those goods to ship them through the canal. It would still be less expensive than for them to go around the world or ship by air.

Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 10:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

Tachbe would like to contribute 20% ta this stage but is willing to add as much as nessesery to fill any holes of others do not contribute enough.

There is a lead construction/management company based in Tachbe called Grant Engineering. They were responsible for building the bridge from Tachbe to the mainland. ALthough thye dont have the resources to take on such an exercise. Are there any other companys that they can join forces with to provide the nessesery materials and people to carry out the work as I am sure government workers and public funds won't be enough.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 11:16 AM
PMEmail Poster

PM Jon Wyvern: Aethyrea may be interested in helping in this little project, however, exactly what route is being proposed for this cannel? Or more directly to the point, which eco-structure are we destroying to build it?
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 24 2004, 11:25 AM
PMEmail Poster

See updated map.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 24 2004, 12:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

PM Jon Wyvern: I must commend my fellow nations for committing their resources and time to such an undertaking. Aethyrea has just one...very small…question. Who plans on ‘overseeing’ these cannels once built? Or for that matter, who is overseeing the entire construction?

In the spirit of international cooperation, Aethryea will allow transport of materials through its waters, and offers the use of its ports and harbors.
Aethyrea
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 24 2004, 02:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

I think ultimaty it should be a multi-national public/private corporation so it is seperate from governments but is still there to provide a service, not just a profit.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 27 2004, 03:38 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

The Cove has now been completed. Thanks to all involved in making it.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0191 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->