Start new topic
Lamoni Finds Large Island To West
Posted: Aug 17 2004, 07:24 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

With much Lamoni shipping passing by the big island to our west, representitives of the Lamoni military and government drafted a bill to allow Lamoni to take all of the island, which would be called Lemnos, and make it into Lamoni's seventh state.

The head of the Lamoni Joint Cheifs of Staff (JCS), Admiral Ian Crestor debated the issue passionately in front of the Lamoni Chamber of Deputies and Senate:

"Deputies, Senators, it would be a HUGE mistake to pass over this oppertunity to secure our shipping lanes for all time. Imagine the damage to our shipping and even to our sovereignity that would ensue if hostile powers gained control of Lemnos. The best way to prevent it is to bring Lemnos under the Lamoni flag, NOW! This bill would authorize President Matt to seize Lemnos while making our case for the control of Lemnos before the region. As you know, we have a large population, and more room is needed in order to keep us from overcrowding. Even if we have to create a "puppet nation" to take Lemnos, I say that we do it, and do it now!

Once all of the debate and voting was dispensed with, the approved bill was sent up to President Matt so that he could sign it. When he signed it, (to much applause), the machinery was set in motion for Lamoni to secure Lemnos.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 17 2004, 09:32 PM

Uppington AFB (Lamoni) :

It was a calm still night at Lamoni's Uppington AFB, with the full moon shining, and nary a breeze for a warm summer night. Suddenly, sirens wailed, bringing the base to full alert.

The pilots dressed and ran to the briefing room, and they all made it in just before the base commander, Col. Ralph Robertson. Robertson was a veteran of the Psipronia war, being an ace 3 times over. As the men stood at attention, Robertson took the podium and began the briefing.

"Sit down, everyone.," he began. "This is a rapid deployment drill, codenamed Morrow. Capt. Leadson, your B-9 will take this route, west of our nation, and then to turn and act as an attacker. You shouldn't see much out there. You'll go 'feet wet' at the coast near Dorun, and take this long arc out over water, and then go 'feet dry' again on a direct course for the southerly Bakir AFB. Your objective is to see if you can get past their F-45's and ground defenses, and simulate bombing the base. After that, you'll meet up with a tanker 20 miles south of Rayburn, and return to the base. As for the rest of you..."

The briefing went on until all of the aircrews were briefed, then Col. Robertson said "I want us to kick some ass tonight, everyone. To your bombers."

At this, the aircrews ran as fast as they could to their bombers, signed off on them from the crew chiefs, and got them ready to fly. As the crews were readying their aircraft, each crew recieved orders on their commo VDT's (Visual Display Terminals).

Noting the large "DRILL" at the top of the message, the crews took a sigh of relief. Everyone remembered when some Air Force Staff Sergeant forgot to tell everyone that a mission flying close to Dartace was a drill. That had almost started a war (the fighters had just barely avoided crossing the border), as well as giving the Staff Sergeant a dishonorable discharge, and 5 months of brig time.

"Hawk 215 requesting clearance for takeoff.," Capt. Leadson reported to the tower when his bomber had made it to the runway.

"Permission granted, Hawk 215. Set IFF to 1010.," came the tower's response.

"Roger. IFF at 1010, taking off.," was the response from Capt. Leadson (we'll talk about him later).

35 minutes later (in the air):

Dawn had come to this part of AO, and with it, a new discovery. At first, Capt. Leadson couldn't believe it. The island wasn't on any charts. Yet, there it was. Figuring that he had better call this one in, Capt. Leadson uttered the following historic words to his communications Sergeant: "Sergeant! Get on the horn to Uppington and tell them that an island has been sighted at (he read the coordinates off of the GPS display)! This is no drill."

"Aye Sir!," the eager young Sergeant replied, once he saw the "island" for himself. Having travelled all over the new Lamoni landmass, he knew that there was no place in Lamoni that looked like this place. "Transmission sent, Captain.," he reported when he had completed the transmission.

Uppington AFB

The communications technician recieving the coded data burst from Hawk 215 thought that he had decoded the transmission incorrectly. There couldn't be an island out there. After decoding it a second time, he knew that he hadn't made any mistakes. He had to take this information to the Colonel. He'd know what to do.

The Colonel predictably didn't believe the information at first. "Why wasn't this picked up by previous flights?! I can't believe that we missed an entire island!!!!"

The technician was ready for that. "We've never actually flown out that far west before. It was believed that there was nothing out there but ocean, sir. Capt. Leadson has won several 'Bomb Comps,' maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt."

I've got to forward this up the chain of command, thought the Colonel.

Defense Ministry - Later:

Holding the message from Capt. Leadson in his hand, the Defense Minister addressed the JCS (Joint Chiefs of Staff). "I want the Navy to send ships out to scout this island. Meanwhile, I will take this to the President. That will be all, gentlemen."

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 17 2004, 09:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Sarzonia raises no objections to this annexation of the island by Lamoni.

[OOC: Nice RP!]
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 18 2004, 07:07 AM

"Are they going to be our Golden Generation, Rikaard?"

"Perhaps, my Lord," The Minister for Sport and Double-Posts replied, "Two out of two is a good start..."

The serene talk of Under-21 Football was shattered by the sudden opening of the huge double doors as a furious-looking Lord Benjamin Mackey stormed through wielding a piece of paper.

"My Lord! Have you seen this?" he yelled, destroying whatever peace was left in the room

"Lord Mackey," Tiberius said floding his arms, "what is the matter this time?"

"Lamoni, my Lord-Protector."

Tiberius rolled his eyes, not Lamoni again. I'm sick and tired of Ben and his Lamoni-bashing. "What have they done now, Benjamin?"

"They're trying to expand!"

"Expand?" Tiberius asked, leaning forward as his interest increased from 'nothing' to 'a little'. "Already?"

"That's exactly my point, my Lord, already." Benjamin Mackey, failed candidate for Regional UN Representative, had calmed a little, but was still furious as he paced around the table. "No sooner do they lay down their borders but they try and expand them!"

"Wait a moment." Tiberius punched a few buttons and a map of Lamoni and the surrounding area came up on the screen. "So where are they trying to take, and what's their reason?"

"They want to take this Island here to their west and call it Lemnos." Mackey gesticulated as Lord Rikaard tapped in a few buttons on his data pad. "They say that they need it to guard their shipping lanes and make sure they've got room for their population."

"Crap." Stated Rikaard as two pairs of eyes turned to him, his first words since Mackey had entered. "Oh no, not like that. I mean 'Lemnos' used to be a nation. Whether they migrated or got glassed or jolted, I can't tell from this information. But if Lamoni colonise it they certainly can't call it 'Lemnos'"

"Well," Tiberius said, assessing the situation, leaning back in his chair, "Lamoni should be strong enough to protect their shipping lanes, and even if someone does try and strangle them, AORDO is there to stop that kind of nonsense.

"As for population, I know theirs is pretty large, but they should have ample room. We certainly were given enough to start with, so Lamoni won't have had the land to fit their population exactly, they should have internal expansion room like we did. Besides, they should just do what we did before this Nemya Situation started and build upwards, rather than outwards.

"Do you actually want me to officially oppose this, Benjamin?"

"At least for the moment. Its just too soon." Benjamin's tone was more pleading than annoyed. "Postpone it, at the least."

"If you say so, Benjamin. Though I hope your personal quarrel with their UN Candidate doesnt come into this 'reasoning' of yours."

"So do I, my Lord. This is a matter of principle."

"The principle that you don't like Lamoni?"

"Not at all, my Lord."

[OOC: There's the IC reason for you. Am I right in thinking that as it's not a direct border Lamoni will need a puppet? If so, it can't be Lemnos, as i've checked that is used to exist. Unless of course it was Lamoni's and will be resurrected. Anyway, "just wait a while, please, before you expand" is both an IC and OOC response.]
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 18 2004, 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Aug 18 2004, 08:07 AM)

[OOC: There's the IC reason for you. Am I right in thinking that as it's not a direct border Lamoni will need a puppet? If so, it can't be Lemnos, as i've checked that is used to exist. Unless of course it was Lamoni's and will be resurrected. Anyway, "just wait a while, please, before you expand" is both an IC and OOC response.]

Since the only thing between the land masses is water and, by filling in that water with land it would look like simply a contuation, it would not require a puppet, but does of course require a seperate RP, like this one.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 18 2004, 07:49 PM

Aside from what Vilita said, I have a puppet nation in 'Stars' in case I need it. All i'd have to do is change the flag, anyway.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 19 2004, 08:58 PM

Deciding that no one would really care all that much, President Matt lifted a phone to the Defense Ministry, and immediately (of course) got through to the Defense Minister. "Hello Mr. President, what can we do for you?," came the voice of the Defense Minister through the phone.

"I want you to air drop half of our paratrooper divisions (Lamoni has 20 paratrooper divisions) on Lemnos as quickly as you can. I also want enough engineer Battalions there to build Army and Air Bases on Lemnos. They can take ship. No one will be tempted to steal Lemnos from us once they find out that our troops are there."

"At once, Mr. President!," was the confident reply.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 19 2004, 09:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Federation makes no objection to this expansion.

:Praetor Gaivs Falxivs Marivs
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 24 2004, 09:15 AM
PMEmail Poster

Abattoir has no objection to this acquisition.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Aug 24 2004, 06:13 PM

The engineers were already at work building the new Lamoni military bases on Lemnos as the paratrooper divisions started to land.

Back in the capital of Nephi, President Matt scanned reports from the units on Lemnos and was satisfied with how things were proceeding thus far. President Matt then turned his mind to the next problem facing Lamoni. When and if the nation of Dartace died, Lamoni was sure to be flooded with refugees. With that thought in mind, President Matt called his cabinent and the Presidents Pro Tem of the Senate and the Chamber of Deputies together for a meeting.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0183 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->