Start new topic
A Strange Discovery
Posted: Aug 29 2004, 11:19 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: This is more of a Story RP than anything, and will introduce the newest group of people in Starblaydia's enlarged territory.

IC:

The Survey Team had been staking out Starblaydia's new border for the past few weeks. With the expansion, Starblaydia had been granted the Mountain Range of Reigas, dominated by the dormant volcano in the north, the foothills of which bordered both Starblaydia and was used to be Nemya.

Sarah placed the last marker at the GPS-specified location and it was official. Starblaydia's borders were now nearly three times the size of what they had been only a month ago. It was getting dark in the cloudly evening, the sun diving below the far off mountains and the beginnings of the moon hidden behind the clouds. They might need to hurry back to find the nearest road to get back to HQ. She turned to Johan, but only stared open-mouthed at the figure behind him.

"State your business, Human." it said. It was about four feet tall, and appeared to be just as wide. A thick orange-brown beard grew from his jaw, well it was obviously a he. He wore sunglasses and a heavy white cotton shirt, with thick boots and trousers. He also carried what looked like a blunderbuss. It was cetainly a wicked looking weapon. Other than his height, it was his accent that marked him out as being strange. It was somewhere in between Scottish and Scandinavian. Certainly somewhere in the North Sea, at least.

I said, 'State your business'." He repeated. "You're violating our agreement."

"Wait," Sarah finally spoke, "Agreement? What agreement?"

"The Agreement, made between Humans and Dwarves thousands of years ago." He described it like a Holy Text. Lowering his gun slightly, their was emblazoned on his chest an axe with the word 'Politzin', translatable from any language. He pulled a suprisingly-small walkie-talkie from his belt under the shirt. "Halls, this is Nogothim. I have a oh-oh-four up here. Respond, please."

<A double-oh-four? Do not jest us, Sergeant Nogothim.>
The Dwarf looked sternly to the ground and tried again.

"I confirm an oh-oh-four, Humans Trespassing on the Surface."

Nogothim still hadn't lowered his weapon, the wicked-looking end of the weapon flaring out like a vortex. As the response came from his superiors, Sergeant Nogothim put the receiver to his ear.

"Orders are received. I'm bringing them in." He turned to the two Surveyors. "Come with me."

They walked in front of him, as bidden by his weapon. As they paced, they found out more about the Police-dwarf. Sergeant Dain (pronounced Day-een) Nogothim, son of Dunain, part of the Dwarfish Police Force, of the Great Hall of Karak D'Ragh, the City of Quiet Fire.

Soon they came to a patch of the bare rockface of the Volcano, at it's very foothills. Dain looked up at the sky and sighed, pulling out a small torch.

"What's that for?" Johan inquired.

"Dwarfish doors are only visible by moonlight," he pointed at the clouds, no moon, so i need to use my Starlight torch. Even a Human should know that."

The small glow of the torch was nowhere near enough to lit up even the darkest room, but, before them the intricate carvings of a door appeared before them in the very rock itself. With a a single spoken command the doors slid near-silently open and they stepped inside. Waist-high lights, electric but disguised to look like braziers, lit the chamber with a bright glow. Following the checkerboard pattern of cream and red-orange tiles to the far wall, their eyes rested on the huge set of doors, carved with thousands of intricate runes. Sarah went up to insepct them but they opened before her, the soundof heavy machinery on the other side swinging the doors back, revealing a tunnel that stretched deep down in the the earth. It was down this tunnel they stepped, into the depths of the volcano, with their Dwarfish captor pointing a wicked-looking blunderbuss at them all the while...

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Aug 29 2004, 11:20 AM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 29 2004, 08:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Little itty bitties.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 11 2005, 11:43 AM

As good a place as any to put this:

user posted image

Now you can see all of Starblaydia and Nova Britannicus at once. Hurrah!
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jan 20 2005, 04:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Mines of Crystilakere request of the great nation of Starblaydia permission to construct a national embassy on the shores of Lake Bekk, in Tabeck.
Crystilakere
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 21 2005, 05:44 AM

QUOTE (Crystilakere @ Jan 20 2005, 04:22 PM)
The Mines of Crystilakere request of the great nation of Starblaydia permission to construct a national embassy on the shores of Lake Bekk, in Tabeck.

OOC: An interesting place to put an embassy, Jhanna being the Captial. But, i guess, the Bekk is king in these here parts.

IC:

Sirs,

With a bustling Diplomatic District already springing up in Tabeck from the more military aspects of diplomacy, the Protectorate of Starblaydia is pleased and honoured to officially allow construction of a Crystili embassy in Tabeck.

The ambassador has long complained about the expense of Starblaydia hotels.

Lord Ricardo Gomez,
Comunications Officer,
Protectorate of Starblaydia
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0169 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->