Start new topic
Naming The Landmasses
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 04:49 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Aquiliana @ Aug 19 2004, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Abattoir @ Aug 19 2004, 01:00 PM)
In no way should my continent contain a French word, or place.  Therefore, I suppose we call it the The United Union of Abattoirian Coherts.  Yes, and from this day forward, it is what I will refer to the ladmass as.

Says the country with the French-sounding name.

Anyway, I've been thinking, but the best I could come up with was Calania.

'Abattoir' actually means 'slaughterhouse,' believe it or not.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2004, 07:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

I'm actually pretty sure he knows this, as he stated it in the "Where did you nation's name come from?" thread. :-)
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 11 2004, 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Xile @ Oct 11 2004, 07:59 AM)
I'm actually pretty sure he knows this, as he stated it in the "Where did you nation's name come from?" thread. :-)

Sorry, but I spotted that in a dictionary, and thought it funny.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 5 2004, 12:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

Bump... what's the word on naming the continents? With my addition to the Yellow, we have to be getting close enough to name it.

Also, I propose that the informally-named Bekk Lake be officially named Bekk Lake.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 5 2004, 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Legalese @ Dec 5 2004, 12:03 PM)
Bump... what's the word on naming the continents?  With my addition to the Yellow, we have to be getting close enough to name it.

Also, I propose that the informally-named Bekk Lake be officially named Bekk Lake.

The patch of water between Starblaydia and Aquiliana has also been informally-named as the Nemyan Strait, btw.

And I'd like a name for the yellow continent too, just can't think of one unsure.gif Why not go with Calania?

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Dec 5 2004, 12:39 PM
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Dec 5 2004, 02:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Starblaydia @ Dec 5 2004, 12:29 PM)
The patch of water between Starblaydia and Aquiliana has also been informally-named as the Nemyan Strait, btw.

And I'd like a name for the yellow continent too, just can't think of one unsure.gif Why not go with Calania?

Good to know about the Nemyan Strait, ty.

Let's put it into context:

"Containing the mighty Bekk Lake, Calania is the home of a number of Atlantian Oceania's sport-intensive nations. It is the home of numerous nations, including Regional Founder Vilita, as well as Starbladyia, Druida, Legalese, Sarzonia, Aquiliana, and others."

or, Vil's earlier suggestion, Margilantis:

"Containing the mighty Bekk Lake, Margilantis is the home of a number of Atlantian Oceania's sport-intensive nations. It is the home of Regional Founder Vilita, as well as Starbladyia, Druida, Legalese, Sarzonia, Aquiliana, and others."

I actually prefer Margilantis, but I wouldn't cry over either.

P.S. Sorry about the countries not included in the mini-blurbs. Just going with the ones off the top of my head.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 6 2004, 10:02 AM
PMEmail Poster

As total of a nonbiased post as the name's proposer can make:

Marligantis not only is a very unwieldy name, it was also created as a Vilitan puppet nation shortly after this thread took place.

Plus, Calania = w1nnar.
Aquiliana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Dec 6 2004, 10:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Aquiliana @ Dec 6 2004, 10:02 AM)
Marligantis not only is a very unwieldy name, it was also created as a Vilitan puppet nation shortly after this thread took place.

Oh, didn't know that... huh.gif
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 6 2004, 11:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Legalese @ Dec 5 2004, 02:46 PM)
"Containing the mighty Bekk Lake, Calania is the home of a number of Atlantian Oceania's sport-intensive nations. It is the home of numerous nations, including Regional Founder Vilita, as well as Starbladyia, Druida, Legalese, Sarzonia, Aquiliana, and others."

Sarzonia is actually on the Teal landmass with Crystilakere to the south and Chacor to the north.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Dec 6 2004, 12:11 PM

QUOTE (Legalese @ Dec 6 2004, 11:46 AM)
QUOTE (Aquiliana @ Dec 6 2004, 10:02 AM)

Oh, didn't know that... huh.gif

It was created to fill empty spaces in feeder tournaments such as the Colony Cup and the Baptism of Fire Cup!

Think of it as a team full of players from the Nation-Free areas of the continent... The Wild Jungle People of Marligantis tongue.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Dec 6 2004, 01:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Dec 6 2004, 11:47 AM)

Sarzonia is actually on the Teal landmass with Crystilakere to the south and Chacor to the north.

Wow... I need to work on my geography. Sorry about that sad.gif

QUOTE (Vilita)

It was created to fill empty spaces in feeder tournaments such as the Colony Cup and the Baptism of Fire Cup!

Think of it as a team full of players from the Nation-Free areas of the continent... The Wild Jungle People of MarligantisĀ  tongue.gif

heh, that's why I created Bekknia, only it's a "Disputed Territory" in a Legal Battle with the Protectorate. I expect it to lose the court battle shortly after AOCAF V... wink.gif

P.S. Sweet, I can edit now!

This post has been edited by Legalese on Dec 6 2004, 01:31 PM
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Dec 7 2004, 10:43 AM
PMEmail Poster

If Vilita really feels that strongly about it, then we'd like to add a new "continent" to the list, being the most popular part of the region...

The Archipelago of Calania would consist of Aquiliana, Psytroxia, Ainorpisp, South Osettia, and Stanqonia.

Starblaydia can come too. cool.gif
Aquiliana
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Dec 7 2004, 12:49 PM

Part of a continent yet classed as Archipelago?

You crazy geographers.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Dec 22 2004, 10:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

Just throwing myself randomly into the mix here, what about Abkhazia for the yellow region?
South Osettia
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 13 2005, 09:18 AM

I say 'Calania' is a fine name for the Yellow continent, now that there's only going to be a few tiny pieces of land left. I think Abkhazia fits in nicely with SO's national history (of what I've read of it) but not really with anyone else's.

So... Calania it is?
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->