Start new topic
Formation of regional trade organisation
Posted: Jul 31 2006, 09:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

OCC: I'm gonna be leaving for a 2 week vacation on Wednesday (tommorow) so most likely I won't be here when everything is figured out with the charter. However, any treaty that is ratified by Carrar is officially ratified by me, so if Carrar signs it CEO Steven signs it too.

See you guys in 2 weeks,
United Meridian
United Meridian
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 4 2006, 06:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

It was time for the second day of discussions. and as promised it was time to vote on the position that Bazalonia had in the executive assembly.

"And welcome to the second day of the multi-lateral trade organisation discusions, Yesterday we left with discussion of Bazalonia's relation to the Executive Membership.. We have a number of options and it is time to vote. We have currently three options.

Option 1: A five seat Executive Membership with Bazalonia taking a special founders seat

Option 2: A four seat Executive Membership with Bazalonia taking the SDL seat

Option 3: A four seat Executive Membership with all 4 seats being voted upon by their constituents.

The way this vote will work. To be accepted a 2/3 majority will be required for the option, however a nation can vote for multiple options. If more than one option takes up this 2/3 majority then a second vote will take place. A normal majority will be required for this vote and you will be only allowed to vote on on option for this second voting round.

If non options have a 2/3rds majority then the option that has the least votes will be discarded and a straight majority vote will be undertaken between the two remaining options, as with the other second round of voting, only one option will be voting.

Bazalonia will be abstaining through out this vote, however in the end result of a tie we will have to vote.

Before we start voting any comments on the process or are there any other options to add?

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 6 2006, 08:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

With time passing and none of the delegates indicating a potential for a 4th option it was time for the vote...

"Ladies and Gentlemen it is time to vote, I will go around the room and ask for..." Richard paused as he finally noticed something, The Pacitalian Senior Deputy Prime Minister was absent from the meeting. A security liason entered the room and whsipered some words into the Ministers ears.

The face of the minister changed, the news was not good.

"Um,okay, before the vote, Just a few moments ago the Pacitalian representative, Senior Deputy Prime Minister Domenico Benficalzo, was found dead in his room in an apparent suicide. It looks like he over-dosed on some pills. Let's have a minute of quiet reflection before continuing."

(OOC: See http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=484543 thread for more details)

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 7 2006, 10:29 PM
PMEmail Poster

The news caught Karl quite off guard. Like many others in the room, he put his down in order to honor the unfortunate man. In addition to the thoughts of rememberance, another piece of information loomed in his head.

It appears now, then, I will have to not only look out for my nation's desires, but for the ideals of all ASPIRE, with Pacitalia's delegate gone and no one else participating.
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 7 2006, 10:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Let's press on... we need votes from the following order, it is based purely on the alphabetic order of the nations name. Carrar to go first. Rember please vote Yes/No to all three options.

Carrar
Falcania
Geisenfried
Hypocria
Islands of Qutar
Khazaron
Krytenia
Lamoni
Oliverry
Starblaydia
The Lowland Clans
United Capitalizt States

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 05:47 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Bazalonia @ Jul 31 2006, 04:45 AM)
"A bit more information, both Starblaydia and Krytenia have expressed interest. I have information that suggests that the Starblaydi - Krytenian embargoes could be resolved by both joining this organisation. Though that is a matter of Starblaydia and Krytenia to resolve. Needless to say if they both join by the rules of the organisation they would not be able to impose sanctions on each other."

"If I may say so, Mister Menszae," Lord Bruntos was as polite as possible, "your grasp of international relations is a poor one, at best. Though the actions of President Domasca were completely out of the blue and bordering on the insane, Starblaydia's mirroring policy on trade and immigration tariffs means this situation will not be resolved merely by the signing of some paltry treaty that says 'all nations must trade with each other'. A piece of paper will not change the unexplainable Krytenian attitude towards our nation, no matter who it is drafted by.

"A simple addendum along the lines of 'except in exceptional circumstances' would be acceptable to us. Otherwise, the points rasied by Mister Langentz of Geisenfried will still stand."

OOC: A little late but no harm done.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 07:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

"I actually have been thinking of provisions for war and other political situations in relation to the charter, and I am in the process of revising that portion of the charter. If "except in exceptional circumstances" where to be used the TDJ should have the power to determine what is an exceptional circumstance and what it is not.

Anyway, we'll continue this discussion after the voting has been completed." said Richard prompting for the votes to come in.

"Remember, Please indicate your approval or dis-approval for all three options"
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 01:59 PM

"The Dominion of Khazaron will vote for Option 3." said Minister Adam Kum simply, who then let his gaze wander around the room to watch the other delegates, trying as much to gauge them by what they didn't say, as by what they said.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 05:31 PM
PMEmail Poster

"The Royal Federation also supports option 3."
Geisenfried
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 06:38 PM
PMEmail Poster

“Since we’ve apparently given up on alphabetical order, the Unified Capitalizt States support all three options.”
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 07:54 PM

(OOC: Oh crap, I'm sorry CH. Can we pretend like my rep actually spoke when it was his turn and not blurted out like an idiot? I wasn't paying attention and I screwed up.)
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 8 2006, 08:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: To help smooth the running of the conference and get this done quicker... All votes will now be held in the special AORFTO forum, based off the regional council forum.

Please cast your votes in the polls there...
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 9 2006, 06:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

"It is now time to start discussion what the 'limited sanctions', as mentioned in the draft charter, I have a number of administrative sanctions that may be in place but the question now is, 'Should there be trade sanctions? And if so what should they be?'

Administrative Sanctions:

Probation: Attendance to meeting is allowed and are able to put their views forward but are not allowed to vote for a length not exceeding 4 meetings

Suspended: Attendance to meeting is prohibited, they cannot express their views at the meetings they can't attend but are still members of the organisation no exceeding 2 meetings

Expulsion: A nations membership in the AORFTO is revoked, and cannot try and re-join for a year. After which they are free to re-join if they so desire. Expulsion can only occur once a nation has been suspended for at least 2 meetings

Banned: A nations membership in the AORFTO is revoked and they can never re-join, this is only to be used if the nation has been expelled, re-joined and have still been mis-behaving
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 10 2006, 09:33 AM
PMEmail Poster

Carrar's diplomat, Darin Daun rose " Carrar will support option three"
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 10 2006, 10:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

(OOC: Sorry bout this but i have to get Darin Daun out for a thread i'll be posting in a few days)

Darin Daun sat down watching the other diplomats when one of Darin's personal body guards walked up to him and handed him a cell phone, quietly excusing himself to a corner of the room he asked "whom am I speaking to?" he nodded his head and then he froze his face going pale all the blood training from it and for the first time in his life he was speechless, he stood there stuttering until he was finally able to say " impossible!" he calmed slightly some color returning to his face and then he nodded agreeing to whatever the person on the other end was saying the conversation ended he simply dropped the phone letting it clatter to the floor he whispered something into the guard’s ear the guard nodded then Mr. Daun quickly returned to his seat and addressed Richard Menszae Bazalonia’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade and said “I hope this is of no inconvenience but I have been forced to return to Carrar on matters of……significant national importance. In my stay will be Carrar’s Head of Trade Gene Hackel, now I must be going” Gene Hackel took Mr.Daun's seat as he left why the Head of Trade wasn't dealing with this in the first place was a mystery and so was how he had gotten there so quickly, but no matter he was now.

This post has been edited by Carrar on Aug 10 2006, 10:15 AM
Carrar
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0174 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->