Start new topic
Regional Map 2.0
Posted: Jun 9 2004, 03:04 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

SE, thank you for answering my question. You wonder why I dont give everything to you on a silver platter this is a great example.

THS- yes he is GanGrene1

Anyway, to the point, I looked at my saved telegrams and the nation I invited was "The Armed Republic of Tathar Calmcacil"

Can I join your region with a newly created nation or does it have to be this one absolutely?

GenGangrene1 

Certainly a more fitting, unique name than "Soul Expression" or "Bullet Wounds", or whatever name it is you claim i'd invited.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 03:18 PM

Ehhh I decided to read it anyway...

This place needs structure or it will never get off the ground. No amount of charters or organizations will survive without initial stucture. That means, #1, an economy.  Going by the NS GDP calc wont do it either because it will not add any structure, just the disproportions between nations will be enough to create more inequity.

Agreed and I think a commitee of you, THS, xile & abbattoir would be perfect to set something like this in place.

The proper things to do would have been;

1) Ask me to change my name, I would have done it. Instead, your doing it without warbing me or even telling me afterwards that you did it and why, only offended me, even though I said nothing.

Sorry, this is a personal problem, I am very shy with approaching people about things especially when it is my screw up to begin with, but my girlfriend is working with me on it and we are making progress, i am proud to say.

2) Once a request has been approved, you don't reverse that decision. So if a man was shot, he's now unshot? All that did was launch the following.

Like I've said a million times before, I never had anything to do with approving the request. Legislation was passed that stated that RP and such would be required before approval, but Tachbe was pissed about the war and purposely ignored the legislation to spite all of us, this is why when I took over the map I went back to the Pre-War map, because once Tachbe got ticked off he just started throwing things all over the place...

3) In the Crystilakere affaire, you lost your place in rp. Proper international proceedures would be, who cares what a bunch of tree huggers with poor civil rights think when the mass majority of nations approve. Yet, you insisted I repeat myself or, as you put it, answer the question. I don't care how important a person is here, you still have to maintain your rp despite your personal feelings.

I was affected by the fact that i didnt see anything Crystilakere had done wrong to warrant the accusation that were seemingly being made to counter the request in the expansion RP

4) When Xile asked for something that was clearly stepping on another's toes, you should of said " you want what?!? Look there's plenty of room and possibilities, settle where ever is not taken, especially that you are leaving forsaken lands in your wake and BW just arrived. Once that is done, Nojika can then decide where they want to expand to. How about if SE requested an expansion to the east to the canal. If anybody wants more, then rp it,  negotiate to redefine borders or go to war for territory. But you can only do that if you have a valid economy.

Xile is an important member of the region and i was not in a position to deny a good RP. This kind of thing is best settled amongst the nations in question

5) All the while you are trying to accomodate your friends, Im still trying to maintain rp. The millions it cost SE, the port I was building, the sea exploration SE was planning, and you were talking to me about accomodating Xile, my flag, my name(I personaly think Bullet Wounds is a great name). The map in the area of SE's expansion has changed so many times, its sad.

I'm honestly terrified of death so whenever I see Bullet Wounds I really dont like it, but it's just personal preference i dont have much to do about it. I don't have friends but those who take the time to talk to me on MSN or AIM tend to get more of what they want then those who just post around and what not. The map has changed a lot because of the war and because of the canal being added, which is cool, i like the canal

Before I even arrived, I wanted the center block of the continent because it didn't touch water and it was isolated. Next thing you know, map changes and I now have 2 nations on my borders. Now I have to rerequest that which had already been approved. Bullet Wounds asked to be located touching SE and the canal, it has neither. Why does Xile have to have 2 of 3 corners? All this has flattered me because you all think my ideas are great but trying to steal them from me will not endear youreslf to me.

Like I say I can't speak for anything from before tachbe left, I had ZERO influence on the map then. I don't understand what the difference is from BW being where it is, or 3 pixels higher, it is all the same water system and it is all connected?

Now, what I would do with the map to accomodate everyone;

If its fair you want, you lower Abattoir so they touch canal, You raise Lieno so they also do and you raise BW around the cape(bend) so that all 3 sides are share(to a certain degree) by 2 nations each. Switch Nojika and SE on the map, they'll have their coast to coast there as well.

I don't understand what Lieno and Abattoir have anything to do with anything, but I would be MORE THAN MORE THAN MORE THAN happy to switch Nojika and SE, If I knew you were open to that kind of thing I would have loved to have done it originally but was afraid everyone would throw a tantrum over nations moving so drastically, and don't tell me standing in my position you wouldnt think that SE would have some harsh words about such a move
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 04:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

What u call gloating, I call the only way to prove what I say. Its not like Im trying to gain anything here, Im already well established, with responsibilities, in more than one place.

Well, u and ur friends deciding what u want behind closed doors just doesnt do it for me, as Im sure it wont sit well with many people who eventually join.

ur going through all these map changes and it never occured to u to talk to me about anything? Did it not occur to u that u might have to talk to me sometime? Would u have had to write so much?

My suggestions about Abattoir and Lieno were for fairness in the region. Xile's original request has apparently expanded and now Xile holds 2 corners on 2 continents.

If its only a matter of a few milimeters, what difference was it 2 u in the 1st place to make an issue out of it?

Every time u speak, u bring up points u dint mention before and I know longer know how to read what u say.
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 04:06 PM
PMEmail Poster

Do u find it normal, that with so little accomplished in so much time, I am close to the 3rd highest poster in the region?
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 04:10 PM

so Dont Read it, because obviously it's not important enough to you. I'm at the point where i am forced to bring my personal life onto the forums to try an appease to someone who just takes one word that i wrote, focuses on that, and ignores everything else, and that makes ME feel like crap, so i'm not going to bother for the rest of the day, i'm going to do something else, if you have further concerns send them to xile or novus atlantica they are online a lot
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Soul Expression @ Jun 9 2004, 05:06 PM)
Do u find it normal, that with so little accomplished in so much time, I am close to the 3rd highest poster in the region?

You aren't anywhere near it, because ex-nations like mitsunne konno and tachbe who are each well over 600 posts are hidden from the rankings. And no it wouldnt surprise me because you post consecutive posts to add one line when you could have added it to your last post... it's quality that counts and not quantity. A Nation like Nojika who has like 10 or 20 posts is a much better contributor than a nation like stralphi who has a lot more, because stralphi posts just because he can say something. Nojika posts because he has something to say. That saves us all from the crap and nonsense and makes for a better forum environment
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 05:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

And what word am I focussing on? u r just being contrdictory for the sake of being so. I have brought up many issues, not focussed on 1 word.

Its you who has made me post so much.

Anyways, stand your ground all you want, I already backed down. I have said what I needed to say and even repeated it. You dont see anything wrong with your methods and actions, well, you dont have to change anything now. Just keep doing what you do, just without me is all.

Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 07:45 PM

If you leave it's on your own accord, so don't sit there and blame anyone but yourself as no one has done anything but waste theirown time trying to accomodate you.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 08:23 PM

Um, yeah I'll have to refuse your offer to switch Nojika's location with SE's...
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 10:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

How about you just take me out of that continent altogether and put me above Lieno. I would be just as happy.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 11:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Vilita @ Jun 9 2004, 07:45 PM)
Of course I left of my own volition, I even told u why.

ur supreme efforts to accomodate me were insufficient to appease my unrealistic demands. I have been a tyrant attempting to control the whole area and left in a snit when I didnt get my way.

if believing this or ur own equally inaccurate version will make u feel better, then believe what u will.

Do you actually believe what u say?
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 05:37 AM

Very Confused now As I have no idea where you've manufactured that quote from or what a "volition" is
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 10:14 AM
PMEmail Poster

For the betterment of all:

volition
SYLLABICATION: vo·li·tion
PRONUNCIATION: AUDIO: v-lshn KEY
NOUN: 1. The act or an instance of making a conscious choice or decision.
2. A conscious choice or decision.
3. The power or faculty of choosing; the will.
ETYMOLOGY: French, from Medieval Latin voliti, volitin-, from Latin velle, vol-, to wish. See wel-1 in Appendix I.
OTHER FORMS: vo·lition·al —ADJECTIVE
vo·lition·al·ly —ADVERB

Yeah, I had to look it up.
Nemya
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 10:30 AM
PMEmail Poster

If Soul Expression comes back around I have a question for you.

Why is your leader GenGranene1? What kind of name is that? Who puts a "1" at the end of their name?
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 10 2004, 10:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Sorry if I misspelled the whole name, my sincere apologies.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (19) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0258 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->