Start new topic
Winds of Change in the region(semiclosed)
Posted: Jun 24 2006, 11:18 AM
PMEmail Poster

Repost, after some Pacitalian reshuffling - any comment?

Major Points:

Article 1
The entire alliance will only move in a war of direct defense.

Article 2
Individual nations within the alliance have the freedom to get involved in conflicts where they feel their national security is threatened.

Article 3
While we should be prepared at any moment, we should never be the first to strike. Any strike we would make should be considered a last resort after diplomatic ends have met with very little or no success. Diplomacy should be given every chance to work first.

Article 4
We must be ready to do what is required to preserve peace. Once force has been called out, we should be watching for the point when diplomacy can resume. We simply wish to preserve our peace and protect our interests.

Article 5
The alliance will have no single headquarters, but will have offices in the capital in every member state. We believe that no one nation is more important that the alliance.

Article 6
However, to quickly relay concerns and provide centralized leadership we will elect amongst ourselves a 'central' office – this will be rotate every so often, so nations take it in turns to have the 'Presidency'.

Article 7
We are committed to the fostering of trade, by a strengthening of trade relations, and lowering of tariffs and import taxes.

Article 8
We must take an active role in keeping the peace in Atlantian Oceania, to send the other two alliances a message - AO was stable until the two sides deliberately began provoking each other. We must send that message that such actions are unacceptable.

Article 9
We mainly aim to counterweight the recent growth in power of the SDL, but we must also supervise the operation of the SAAS. We feel neither is morally superior to the other. They merely use different agendas to justify their actions.

Article 10
Above all, we are first and foremost a pro-stability alliance. We consider it vital that the balance of power within the region be kept. We are therefore committed to the stability of the AO region.
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 25 2006, 05:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I think it looks rather good.
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 25 2006, 11:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

Viastormin looked over the proposed Articles of Alliance set forth by Manhattan Prime with the help of Pacitalia. Everything looked very well presented and to the point. Some articles, such as #7, would need more definition but all in all the document had all neccessary ingredients.

"Friends, it is my opinion that we ratify these articles and make official our alliance. Anything further that needs added or amended can be handled at such time as it becomes neccessary. Would any of you care for further discussion of the issue, or shall we commence with a vote?"
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 01:39 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Unless others have further ideas, I agree that we should move to a vote," Serodini replied. "We have accomplished much; I must say I am proud to be with all of you today and excited for when we show ourselves to the world in due time."
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 02:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

Dr Owens stood; "I feel these 'Manhattan Accords' are a good basis that can be built on later. Sure, they need some ironing out, but it's a good start. I think that we should take a vote - it's more important that we get the alliance established as soon as possible, then get the paperwork perfect later."
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 01:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Agreed," replied Buëlga. "I third the motion to vote."
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 02:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

Vyntra couldn’t help but feel a little distracted, what with the death of the Autokrator and all. But until the Starblaydis made Titus’ demise public there wasn’t a lot he could do. So he may as well concentrate on this.

“Ok, so let’s vote. Let’s make it all official and announce our presence to the rest of the region. Of course we’re still lacking a name. I still like Coalition of Sovereign States but how about Coalition of Sovereign Powers? It sounds more dynamic.”

Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 05:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Meh, one name's as good as another." Elisar said.
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 06:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"How about ASPIRE?" Serodini suggested, after thinking something quite random but quite good off the top of her head.

"'The Alliance for Stability, Peace and Intra-Regional Entente.' The acronym itself is our goal, because we aspire to create such stability and peace in Atlantian Oceania, and that is reinforced by those two terms being housed in the acronym itself. And entente is, of course, our end means."

This post has been edited by Pacitalia on Jun 26 2006, 06:10 PM
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 08:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

"I have to admit I'm fond of it. Not only is it an acronym, but it spells something, which is the goal of any acronym."
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 26 2006, 11:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Now that is really the first name put forward that I really like. I say let's add it to the vote. But that is just my opinion.

As for the vote to ratify the Articles of Alliance, let us go in alphabetical order as before.

ASMV votes "Aye"

Bedistan.....
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 28 2006, 09:49 AM
PMEmail Poster

"We vote aye as well."

Casari:
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 28 2006, 10:50 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Aye."

Someone alphabetically after Casari:
Casari
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 29 2006, 12:14 PM
PMEmail Poster

“Aye.”

Next. Milchama possibly:

Edit - Make that Manhattan Prime:

This post has been edited by Hypocria on Jun 29 2006, 12:17 PM
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Jun 29 2006, 03:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Manhattan Prime - Aye

OCC: We should be able to agree to it, considering we helped write the thing! tongue.gif
Manhattan Prime
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0229 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->