Total Votes: 9

Posted on Aug 24 2006, 05:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Repeal "Definition of Marriage"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: #81

Proposed by: Sir Ernest Shackleton

Description: UN Resolution #81: Definition of Marriage (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: This resolution goes too far. It mandates what a constitutes a "marriage" with no respect for a nation's religious beliefs, or societal structure.

The last line is also disturbing: "FURTHER RECOGNIZES all nation's right to expand this definition beyond species borders as the individual governments see fit."

This is an endorsement of beastiality, and it should have no business being in the UN. Therefore, we shall hereby strike "Definition of Marriage," knowing that the individual nations know best what is a marriage and what isn't.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Aug 25 2006, 12:06 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Would you be so kind as to also post the original resolution for everyone? Thanks.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Aug 25 2006, 01:29 AM
PMEmail Poster

Original Resolution:

UNITED NATIONS RESOLUTION #81
Definition of Marriage

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights

Strength: Mild

Proposed by: Vastiva

Description: Description: IN VIEW of the Universal Bill of Human Rights, and the Gay Rights resolution;

The UN HEREBY :

DEFINES marriage as the civil joining of a member of any nation with any other member of any nation, regardless of sex, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, or any other characteristic, with the exception of age;

RECOGNIZES age of the individual(s) as a just reason for not recognizing marriage, as per Article One of the Child Protection Act;

FURTHER RECOGNIZES all nation's right to expand this definition beyond species borders as the individual governments see fit.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Aug 25 2006, 10:26 PM

I see serious legal problems with the original as passed. Using it, someone from one nation could marry someone from another nation without the second person giving consent. I'm FOR the repeal.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted on Aug 26 2006, 01:46 PM

I most definately agree with the sentiments of the repeal - the original resolution went way too far in dictating the legal system of all UN nations.

Therefore, in time honoured tradition, the Bettian respresentive is very happy to... **draws deep breath**... REPEAL AWAAAAAAYYYYYYY!
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted on Aug 26 2006, 07:32 PM
PMEmail Poster

We in Az-cz agree that any marriage we perform ought to be legally recognized as valid in other UN nations. However, this most important aspect, seems to be unrecognized by the original resolution. Also it seems as if marriage is defined as an act for two individuals only, where as we in Az-cz will happily allow marriages of 3 entities or more as long as it is consentual.

We really approve of the ideas behind the original resolution but take some objections with the wording and therefore approve a vote to repeal, with the proviso that we should work to see something similar to the original proposal but with some modification comes up in the future.
Az-cz
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted on Aug 28 2006, 06:53 PM
PMEmail Poster

I voted for, gay marrige is a no no in my books.
Quakmybush
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted on Aug 28 2006, 08:39 PM
PMEmail Poster

Considering the overwhelming support for this repeal, The UN delegate votes for the proposal
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0221 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->