Start new topic
Crosaibi Council :: Delegate Elections Begin!

Who is your choice for the next AO Regional Delegate to the United Nations of NS?
Ambassador John McKay of Bazalonia [ 12 ]  [52.17%]
Lord Rodrigo Marquez of Starblaydia [ 8 ]  [34.78%]
Seth Adams MP of The Islands of Qutar [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
Abstain - [No Sufficient Candidate] [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Total Votes: 23

Posted on Aug 8 2006, 06:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Defining of human rights is one of the trickiest issues that have had come across in my time at the UN, The problem in the UN there are just so many nations and nearly every nation in the United Nations has it's own definition. Many democratic nations such as Bazalonia hold the right to vote as sacred, where as dictatorships, such as Starblaydia, don't.

In a nutshell, I believe human rights can be summed up in one right, to have the right to live a life of your choice, without un-necessary hindrance from the government who set's laws to prevent a person's action exessively affecting negatively another person's life.

Elves, Yes, Gnomes, Yes. Falcanians? No... only joking. In the NSWorld there are many different creatures, such as the gnomes represented here by the representative from Az-Cz, the sentient mice of miceland, the UN Gnomes, and even some bears that are competing in the olympics, who are also in the UN. The basic right for all despite specie should be guaranteed.

I agree that the UN Category should be expanded to "Sentient Specie Rights", however I am a man of practicalities and this issue has been raised within the UN and the founders of the UN did not have much forsight and it is currently impossible to change the UN Categorisation to a more appropriate name.

There is no official standard, but there are a number of unnofficial standards that are in use for a proposal. The only answer to closing loop-holes, category mis-categorisation and standardising of language is not only being active when it comes to voting on proposals and apporving them. It comes to be active in the drafting process.

Yes, I think this is a worthy pursuit, the UN could be an impotent bunch of argueing slobs, but ensuring that loop-holes are closed will just ensure that proposals acheive there aim for all members of the UN.

Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Posted on Aug 8 2006, 06:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

To the Al-thera delegate,

"Thank you for the questions, I am impressed to see a new nation such as yourself participating in the regional process. As for your questions..

1. In the end, it will be a matter of the UN for decide what agenda's it supports and what it doesn'y. If elected however I will mak our regions voice heard, not only by casting the appropriate votes and only approving proposals of a certain standard but by making arguments within the UN why these proposals are not worthy of UN consideration.

2. I have built up a relationship with a number of other ambassadors and staff of UN member nations. It is not my place to make them vote for or against a specific proposal. But I have the right to be able to put my arguments forward and I know that the contacts I have will take my argument seriously.

and finally yes, if elected our nations UN agenda will take a back-seat. For all proposals that comes to the floor we will hold a vote for all of AO to vote upon. However this is not all that we will do, we will promote what we can see is the best for the entire region when approving proposals or not. This will be not we we see as best for us but best for everyone in the region.
Bazalonia
Eating A Bazalope Burger
Quote Post

Topic OptionsClosed TopicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0225 ]   [ 16 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->