Start new topic
AO space program
Posted: Apr 27 2005, 12:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

the starting of a regional space program in AO. i will compile a list of intrested nations and level of contribution once i have the info from you all. then we can discuss what to do with our resources. we should come up with a catchy name for this program as well.. open to any and all who are intrested.
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 12:50 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Starblaydia isn't too bad at making rockets, thanks to our more-than healthy ICBM and SDI programmes.

Our aims are to put men in space, participate in our own or a regional space station, such as Mir, for research purposes. This will also enhance our space program's funding, particularly in regard to satellites.

And anyone who suggests 'AOSA' or some other NASA-influenced acronym should be shot out into space immediately wink.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 12:51 PM

Why don't we call it AOSA? The Atlantian Oceania Space Agency?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Vilita @ Apr 27 2005, 05:51 PM)
Why don't we call it AOSA? The Atlantian Oceania Space Agency?

*ejects Vilita from the nearest airlock* tongue.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 01:07 PM

Latao with its leading companies for reserarch&development of engines and drives for aviates and space use is highly interessted in such a program.

We also support the name AOSA for the project.
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 01:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

glad to see that Salmantic isn't the only nation interested in this idea. once a few more nations jump on we can discuss commitment and missions.

as far as the name... AOSA sounds like a soap in my opinion but i am completely open to it if thats wut people prefer
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 01:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'm interested, but I wont be spending any resources on an organization known as the 'AOSA'. Gag me now, please.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 02:21 PM

Believe me, no one (other than Latao apparently) cares for the name "AOSA"

You got me laughing on that one!
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 02:48 PM
PM

I am most likely overstepping reasonable areas of interest but in the spirit of friendly cooperation I must inform you all of something that may well save your program billions, increase the frequency of launches and increase the number of suitable launch sites. The answer is to do away with your rockets and use the alternative method of a sky ramp launch.

Popular launch methods of rockets cost in the region of half a billion each launch, by using a sky ramp costs could be greatly reduced and payload could be increase due to a reduced fuel requirement. None of this is ground-break technology, steps readily within the grasp of many nations and certainly within the region’s grasp can be taken to make this a reality.

At present the ISTJ utilises sky ramps to provide government launch capability along with a long-range strategic defence vehicle, the capabilities and flexibility of a launch can be tailored to meet any need.

Obviously this is hopefully just giving the right people in your nations the chance to leap forward and shower you with the technical details they’ve been trying to show you for years, if not I’m sure arrangements could be come to.

Yours most faithfully,

<signed>

Ramon Silvanto
Chairman of the Executive Committee
UN Delegate Atlantis
Tom Joad
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 03:19 PM
PMEmail Poster

ok so here is a list of intrested nations from what i can tell so far.
Salmantic
Lamoni
Starblaydia
Vilita
Latao
Abbatoir

so thats 6 by my count good enough to start thinking about things.
I suggest that our first goal would be a pooling of resources..
Misc contribution:
Salmantic is willing to put in 2 launch sites, plus the complete use of it's weather sattelites.
Financial contribution:
Salmantic can add about $5 billion once every 6 months of joint operation, however it can not be added cumulatively.. whatever monies are not used in the 6 month period it is put back into the scientific treasury of the state. so use it when its there!
Manpower contribution:
20 astrophysicists fulltime
and a 1:20 ratio of regional:national contribution man-hours by the SSG (Salmantic Space Group) and its computing power.

These resources are just an up-front addition to the orginization. there may or may not be more to be put into it. time will see.

Salmantic also proposes that the first mission be a regional space station... thoughts?
also name idea.... AASI: Astro-Atlantian Space Initiative?
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 03:50 PM

Me.

And the name shall be AOSEP.
Atlantian Oceania Space Exploration Program.

You know this to be true.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 04:39 PM

Lamoni can contribute two launch sites as well, in the eastern part of our nation. We will also contribute what monies that we can arrange, and we also have a healthy ICBM and SDI program, so rockets will be no problem. We also have ready made designs for a Hubble type space telescope.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 27 2005, 06:34 PM

Nojika would like to participate in the creation of a regional space program. With all the new land recently aquired, we could host a number of launch sites as well as provide numerous resources. Financial aid will also be provided if the need arises.
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 28 2005, 12:24 AM

Well, the Latin state itself is not going to subsidize these activities, unless we get guranted orders for our industries.
The private economy however is highly interessted in participating and financing the projects they consider realisitic and profit-enabled.

Rudolf Ossa
Latao Financial Ministry

As for the name: RESA or OSA would be a path.

This post has been edited by Latao on Apr 28 2005, 12:25 AM
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 28 2005, 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Latao @ Apr 28 2005, 05:24 AM)
As for the name: RESA or OSA would be a path.

It kinda helps if you tell us what the letters mean, Latao

Starblaydia's extensive radar tracking and monitoring facilities can also be put at the disposal of this programme.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0123 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->