Start new topic
Alliance
Posted: Mar 29 2005, 02:28 AM
PMEmail Poster

Felix Gordon, newly-appointed Chacorian Consul to Lamoni, notes, "Would it be possible to have a clause about Federation members attacking other Federation members? And perhaps something about starting external conflicts without proper reasoning? On Krytenia, it is the government's stand that they should be refused entry indefinitely."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 29 2005, 03:21 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"Indeed," Said Falcon II. "It would be useful if we could bring our brother nations to our aid, when we see a potential threat that needs to be crushed."
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 29 2005, 07:01 PM

Listening to the points raised by the fellow delegates to the meeting, President Stone considered for a moment, and then said, "I'll have the Foreign Ministry boys go back and rewrite the proposal. It shouldn't tax their abilities." President Stone then rolled bottles of Lamonian Vodka to the other delegates.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 30 2005, 02:33 PM
PMEmail Poster

Secretary-General Gieseler shuffled some papers and spoke. "Two points, Mr. President. First, NAC would like to see Article 3's wording on requesting intervention changed. As is, it could be interpreted that members waive their right to self-determination by requesting any assistance. NAC would prefer that it clarify that all members have a right to self-determination, except in the specific matters where they request assistance. In other words, no blank checks.

"Second, the method of electing the President is vague. We should clarify whether the President of the COuncil is to be elected by the Council itself, as I would suggest, or by the assembled citizens of the member states.

"While I do not doubt that these changes are already what the writers of the draft document had envisioned, they should clarify matters, so that ratification by our respective peoples will be made easier."

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post; class has been kind of hectic lately.)
Neo Atlantis Colony
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 1 2005, 01:01 AM

President Stone looked at the redone proposed charter, and liked it. Presenting it to the assembled delegates, he said: "This looks like a very good charter. Unless there are more comments or questions, the Free Republic requests that the proposed charter be put up to a vote."

CODE
Official (proposed) charter of the alliance

Article 1

The name of the aforementioned alliance will hereby be known as the Federation of Like-Minded States (FLMS).

Article 2

All member nations must come to the defense of an attacked member nation.  However, the member nations may themselves decide how they wish to support their attacked ally.  Also, FLMS member nations may not attack each other unless they are attacked first.  If an FLMS nation wants to involve the alliance in a war (unless they are attacked first), then the Alliance Coucil must approve it by majority vote.

Article 3

All FLMS member nations have the right to conduct their internal affairs as they wish, unless the member nation itself requests FLMS assistance.  The nation requesting such assistance loses their self-determination in the matter in which assistance is requested.

Article 4

FLMS member nations shall engage in free trade with each other, as long as their economy is not adversely affected by such trade.

Article 5

FLMS will be controled by a council of representitives from all FLMS member nations.  The  FLMS headquarters shall be placed in the neutral AO nation of former Wapahkoneta, where the AO regional council is currently based.

Article 6

The FLMS Council shall be ruled by an elected Council President.  This individual shall serve a four (IC year) term, with a limit of two such terms.  To run for the position, a candidate must be a citizen of an FLMS member nation, must be above the age of thirty five, and have experience running large organizations.  The Council President shall be elected by the Council members themselves.

Article 7

After the initial member nations of FLMS have approved this charter by majority vote, all nations seeking to join FLMS must be approved by majority vote of FLMS Council Members.

Article 8

FLMS member nations are prohibited from violating the charter, and can be expelled from FLMS by 2/3rds vote for doing so.  Amendments to this charter must be passed by a 2/3rds vote of FLMS Council Members.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 1 2005, 04:32 AM
PMEmail Poster

Gordon stands and applauds the new charter. "I feel that this is a most brilliant piece of work. This charter is just about perfect."
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 1 2005, 11:22 AM

"Truly marvellous!" Says King Falcon. "Now, where's that houmous? I need to dip my falcon in something!"
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 1 2005, 08:30 PM
PMEmail Poster

"It is indeed a fine work! But tell me of this land, Wapahkoneta. Why is it now neutral territory?"
TheNewAtlantians
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 02:15 AM

QUOTE (TheNewAtlantians @ Apr 1 2005, 08:30 PM)
"It is indeed a fine work! But tell me of this land, Wapahkoneta. Why is it now neutral territory?"

Basking in the praise of the delegates to the meeting, President Stone smiled and thanked everyone for the nice comments. "Wapahkoneta used to be a nation of indigenous people that Lamoni was allied to. However, their 'nation' fell apart and it was decided (OOC: I talked Vil into it) to use their former land as a neutral area where the Regional Council and other such organizations could meet without worrying about being attacked. It actually worked until the Abbatoirian attack on the Regional Council which killed the Lamonian representitive to that august body. I would hope that the security there will be increased, however. Now, shall we vote this charter into being?"

OOC: I don't think it possible to put a poll into an exsisting thread, so make an OOC comment like: '{nation} votes (yes or no)' in your next post in this topic, if you would be so kind. I have a list of those considered 'members' of the FLMS, so we'll hopefully know the results soon.

Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 02:26 AM

OOC: Lamoni votes yes
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 02:50 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Neo Atlantis Colony votes yes.
Neo Atlantis Colony
Inexperienced
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 03:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

George Williamson stands up, finally saying something important: "Fellow delegates, I only have two concerns, regarding Articles 5 and 6."

"First, regarding article 6, I propose thus: Instead of a seperate entity for council president with very restrictive requirements, have the head of the council be one of the delegates, elected by the delegates, on a shorter term basis."

"Also, it should be noted in the charter that, keeping in the idea of 'one nation, one vote', each member state's delegation shall have only one vote, regardless of their delegation's size."

"To put these points in writing, Marcus and I came up with the following amendments to Article 5 and 6, which we would like made before the charter has been voted on:"

CODE
Article 5

FLMS will be controlled by a council of representitives from all FLMS member states.  The  FLMS headquarters shall be placed in the neutral AO nation of former Wapahkoneta, where the AO regional council is currently based.  Each member state shall have one (1) vote on the regional council.

Article 6

The FLMS Council shall be headed by an elected Council Chairman.  This individual shall be a delegate and citizen of a member state, and serve a two year (IC year) term, with a limit of two such terms.  The Council Chairman shall be elected by the voting membership of the Council.

Williamson continued: "Consul Davies is currently enroute to Legalese, where he will present the charter to the full Senate, where they must approve it. After consideration of the amendments to Articles 5 and 6, we should be willing to approve the charter."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 04:22 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Chacor votes yes to any amended charter.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 09:50 AM

Falcania votes yes to the amended charter.
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 10:30 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: The New Atlantians votes Yes on the charter and its amendments.
TheNewAtlantians
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0185 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->