Start new topic
Regional Map
Posted: Apr 24 2004, 01:49 PM
PMEmail Poster

Its not a question of space, its how everything is running. And it's not exactly starting again. I iwll ahve a map ont he same kind of layout with simmiler areas but it will be slightly bigger with more differn't areas and more defined features. Just about everyone will be entitled to an area simmiler to there own in the same place, not entitled to colonial land.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 24 2004, 02:05 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

samonina, trust this, it will be beneficial what tachbe is doing
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 24 2004, 02:34 PM
PMEmail Poster

ach silly me. ive tried to argue with tachbe before and it just dont work.. sad.gif
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 04:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

I will post up a prototype soon, there you can see most changes
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 12:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Tachbe @ Apr 24 2004, 04:37 PM)
But before I do anything I wnat to know if anyone would object to starting over with the map, they could hold a simmiler position depending on how differn't the map is. I don't know what the end result owuld be myself. So, do you feel it nessesery or waste of time?

I object. just make expansions, but! the next few should be large islands with defined rules on them to limit expansion, and afterwards only AORDO members can establish military outposts on outlying islands near the boarder and new nations can claim land on these islands.
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 12:49 PM

Don't worry about it THS, It's not going to be completely started over, it's just going to be reverted to pre-idiotic expansion age
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 03:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

There is one thing. The scale of the new map would be diffenr't and there will be new block arrangment, all block siwll be smaller. The southern island is removed again since it doesn't fit well. One thing you may object to, but I ensure is needed is this section of the new rules which speeks of ways to expand home land territory. "... Expand into a nearby area that you border. Requires 500mill pop. Can only add one new block every 500mill and maximum of one a month...." I will release the full rules soon. The larger nations will be the most affected I wont deny, your starter blocks will be smaller and expansion limited and slow, but that sthe way of real nations. The UK has a bigger population than France but is half the size. Nations can be more dense or sparce but in reality that can't simply add another block on the side and move their citizens in. All the rules I have worked out are nessesery to stop any future massive expansions.
There are no rules on puppets because theres no way to know if somthing is a puppet so it would be unfair but I ask you not to abuse the absence of rules.
I myself will have a very long term period of ONE overseas territory and a halt to all new puppet creation.
Oh and all new borders will be PERMANANT, the sizes FIXED
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 03:46 PM
PMEmail Poster

Full rules (minus one segment that won't make sence witout seeing the map)-

Each nation can take one block each.
Nations with populations 250 plus can register as a colonial power.
A registered colonial power can take any free area of land they border (ONE BLCOK), or if they are an island, the closest land block or any island within their sub region. If their economy is high then they can have any two blocks anywhere on the map.
A nation with a low economy can't become a colonial power but if they are already and dropped to low they can keep their colonial territory. The borders on the map are permanent. If you wish to expand your home land you have 3 options.
1. Expand into a nearby area that you border. Requires 500mill pop. Can only add one new block every 500mill and maximum of one a month.
2. Negotiate with a neighbour to hand over land.
3. Declare war on a neighbour to take land.

I will post up the design tomorow.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 25 2004, 09:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Tachbe @ Apr 25 2004, 08:46 PM)
2. Negotiate with a neighbour to hand over land.
3. Declare war on a neighbour to take land.

I will post up the design tomorow.

*evil maniac laugh*

'i like option two...'
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 10:20 AM
PMEmail Poster

Yes, by entering in the possible need fo for war for some nations to get land I thought would make it more realistic and.... interesting.

Now, I am about to post up the map, Now I am sure people will complain about losing territory so just imagine the scales slightly differn't and everything is bigger.
Those last two nations will ahve to re-apply as I got rid ogf the south isle.

Oh and if you object to the map I am welcome to any constructive comments above nationalistic agenders.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 11:11 AM
PMEmail Poster

Ladies and Gentemen.
Demoracys and Dictatorships.
Superpowers and Weaklings.

What do you think?

user posted image
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 11:54 AM

Almost perfect smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 11:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

Very good Tachbe. Thumbs up!!
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 12:20 PM

Perhaps we should start a new thread with the new map, also would it be possible to show a smaller version, like just resized in the main thread, and then make it clickable to go to the larger version, this map does a trick or two with the forum and makes it all out of whack
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 26 2004, 12:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

Oh I forgot to say about Irsland.

That island is like our equivilent of Antartica, its position on the map is not its real position, hence the double line, it is infact way off some where. Its a little place I put in just to see what people make of it, It is a barren inhospitable ice covered wasteland way off in the distance. But it has unique wild life and geography, it has mineral reserves and fish stocks. Basicly I want to see what ternd people take towards it, you can do what you want apart from try to claim all of it or claim it has your home land. You can build a science outpost, military base, nuke silo, oil drills or turn it into a regional park, you can set up a small city or claim large areas (claims are not politcaly valid, you claim is your own and could overlap with others). Anyway, like I say what you want, any ideas, treatys, experiments. You could dump nuclear waste for all I care I want to see what happens smile.gif!
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0419 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->