Start new topic
AO Champions League III Sign - Up
Posted: Oct 11 2005, 03:56 AM
PMEmail Poster

Alright, I figure there is enough interest to start up the 3rd edition of the AO Champions League. Couple of things:

1) The last tournament's finals were hosted in Kafra International Stadium, but as this is the AO CL, I would rather have the finals in another location this time around. I will be accepting bids...just some info on the stadium and a picture would be sufficient, nothing to crazy. You can post the bids here on this thread.

2) Every nation that wishes to participate can send in 2 teams: the champions and the runner-up. Considering there isnt any other club competition going on in NS that I am aware of, I figure this shouldnt be too much of a problem.

3) I'll be using the same scorinating system as last CL: teams that participated and/or performed well last year get a bit of an edge, RPs are rewarded pretty well, and thats about it. Let the scorinator do its thing.

4) I think I'll be able to handle it on my own, but considering I have a business trip very soon, I might message Krytenia or Bettia with scores so that they can update the thread themselves. That sound alright? (Its completely cool if you guys dont have the time)

Alright, now that we got that out of the way, just sign up the two teams below, stating the champions, and if you want your stadium to host the Finals, post the bid below as well.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 06:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

Hockey Canada signs up Season 3 Champions North Pole United, and also sends Runner-up Irkutsk.
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 07:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

H-League Champions Hypocrium City and runners up Pylos Reavers both sign up.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 07:39 AM
PMEmail Poster

Oliverry will enter the OSL's Champions and vice-champions: the Oliver Ciy FC and East Rubbermade FC
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 08:34 AM
PMEmail Poster

AO Champions League Final
Venue Bid

Name: Hyppodrome

Capacity: 80,000 all seated

user posted image user posted image

The Hyppodrome stadium was built as a home for the Hypocria national side as part of the preparations leading up to World Cup 23. The stadium has hosted twelve international fixtures and two domestic cup finals.

In its central location in Hypocria’s capital city the stadium has excellent road and rail links and being the vibrant metropolis that Hypocrium is there are plenty of bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants nearby for victorious fans to celebrate their win and losing fans to drown their sorrows.
Hypocria
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 08:37 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Liga Starblaydia's representatives will be Season Six's Champions Jhanna City, and Runners-up Iskara Daii.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 08:50 AM

The Blessed Realm of Bettia will be represented by Sukatra Tigers and Butetown Dragons.

This post has been edited by Starblaydia on Oct 11 2005, 11:51 AM
Bettia
We don't do defence
Quote Post

AOLYahooTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 10:29 AM

Rozier City & Roenech FC will represent Nojika.
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 11 2005, 11:56 AM

Again Lamoni will be sending champion Nephi Bears, and runner-up Karakan Wolves.

AO Champions League Final Venue Bid

Name: Wolf Stadium
Capacity: 84,745 (all seated)

user posted image

user posted image

Used for more than just football, Wolf Stadium also features the ability to hold track and field events, as well as many other sports. It is well served by Lamoni's transportation infrastructure; having plenty of roads, and a light rail nearby. It is also 15 minutes from Nephi International, making it a good venue for international competition. There are a few good bars and pubs around, but with the stadium (almost out of necessity) being located towards the southern end of the city, you might have to venture farther into town to find the best places to eat and drink.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Oct 13 2005, 05:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

Ok, 16 teams so far (including Rappor and Aanjar from Nedalia), and 2 host bids. For the Final hosts, if it stays at just 2 bids, Im figuring the fairest thing to do is whoever doesnt get it this CL, will get to host it next CL, if they are still interested.

We need 24 teams to get this thing going, so we're currently 8 short. Anyone else interested (ahem, Vilita and Sarzonia!!), please post the teams you will be sending!
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 14 2005, 02:08 AM

Will the scorinator take into account that Iskara Daii are the NSCL Champions? (i.e. make them win every match)? wink.gif
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 14 2005, 02:35 AM
PMEmail Poster

l-o-l, unfortunately, no...I dont have the information on how AO teams did in NS club competitions. Perhaps we could set up a system for the clubs of AO and rank them as such, like the one we have set up for the nations. What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by Nedalia on Oct 14 2005, 02:43 AM
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Oct 14 2005, 07:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

Druida no longer has any football clubs, so it will not be entering any teams into this competition. However, it will be putting forward its legendary 120,000-seater national stadium, The Hole in Moorestown, forward as a possible location for the final.

user posted image

The DFA assure all involved that foreign nationals are now safe in the country, especially now the country has now reverted back to alcoholism. They also feel that the underground atmosphere, and the lack of domestic football elsewhere in the country, could aid the atmosphere at the game.

OOC: The game would also be the last ever match at The Hole, but we can't tell you any more than that.

This post has been edited by Druida on Oct 14 2005, 07:51 AM
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Oct 14 2005, 11:54 AM

QUOTE (Nedalia @ Oct 14 2005, 07:35 AM)
Perhaps we could set up a system for the clubs of AO and rank them as such, like the one we have set up for the nations. What do you guys think?

the NSCL participants had ranks based upon the World Ranks with some minor modifying percentages for the relative strength of the teams in the league.

Of course, using AO ranks would be best for me becuase I'm #1 in AO, iirc.

Plus it would allow teams like Lamoni and Nojika not to get their 150th-in-the-World-ranked arses kicked in every game.
Starblaydia
Also available in purple
Quote Post

MSNTop

Posted: Oct 17 2005, 05:07 AM
PMEmail Poster

Krytenia's two entrants will be:

KLF Overleague Season Five Champions, Caledon Simpson
KLF Overleague Season Five Runners Up, and KFA Cup Winners, Mercia Bromham
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post