Start new topic
AO Bowl II (gridball tournament)
Posted: Mar 3 2006, 12:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

As there are 11 teams, Oliverry will put a team in!
Septentrionia
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 7 2006, 01:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

ASMV is pleased to present its new Griball uniforms courtesy of Sabre Inc, An ASMV - D&S joint venture.

user posted image
Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 8 2006, 07:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

So, when does this thing get started? Or will it?
Myrtannia
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 8 2006, 07:06 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

It'll get started. We'll have to figure out who's going to host the thing first.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 9 2006, 10:02 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: We've got two official scoring bids. I'll put it to a vote which should be PM'd to me. The leading vote getter shall be rewarded with the scorinator in his inbox.

Commence the voting now!
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 10 2006, 05:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

AO Bowl II: Nedalia's Hosting Bid Details

Rules, Regulations, Format:

We will follow the same format set forth by the Sarzonians the first time around. In case you need a recap, here it is:

Should the AO Bowl take place with four to seven teams, the qualifying stage will consist of one games for each team against each other team in the tournament. After the qualifying stage, the top four teams will advance to the semifinals, where the top seeded team will play against the fourth seed and the second seed will face the third seed. The winners of each semifinal game will play in the AO Bowl championship game.

Rosters will be limited to 40 players per team with no more than 11 coaches on a coaching staff. Many rules will be similar to those of gridball leagues in the United States; in particular, the National Football League. [OOC: 11 players per side on the field at any time.] Considering the compressed time we have to play these games, there will be four 12 minute quarters. Each team will have a total of five time outs per game, with teams able to use up to three time outs in a half. However, if a team uses three times out in the first half, they are only entitled two times out in the second half.

In the event of a tie at the end of regulation, qualifying games will end in a tie. In the event of a tie game in the semifinals or the finals, another simulation will take place until the tie is broken.

Currently, with 12 teams signed up, they will be seperated into "Conferences": The Northern Conference, and the Southern Conference. The distribution will be handed according to physical geography, with 6 teams in each conference. Like the last time around, only the Top 2 teams from each conference will advance. The Semi-Finals will be between the Number One ranked team from any given conference vs. the Number Two ranked team from the opposing conference.

Stadias:

Given that their will be 6 matches being played simultaneously every Matchday, there will be 7 stadiums available for use within the borders of Nedalia. All Stadias, with the exception of the Kafra International Stadium (multi-purpose), are being built strictly for Gridball use, and will be used for all matches up to the Final. The Kafra International Stadium will host the Final and no other game.

Kafra International Stadium

The Rest of the Gridball Stadias:

The 'Who will be playing where' information will be released if we are given the opportunity to host the tournament. Thank you.
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 11 2006, 09:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

I can't post any details about my stadiums because I'm leaving for vacation, but if you guys can wait until tomorrow (afternoon) or possibly Monday (unlikely) I can get the stuff up. If you can't, then I'll just drop out but I'm still in the tournament. wink.gif
Space Union
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 18 2006, 02:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

Voting's still going on.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 21 2006, 01:27 PM
PMEmail Poster

Still waiting for votes for the AO Bowl II hosts! If I don't receive any more votes by Friday, I'll announce the winner based on who has received votes so far.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2006, 01:52 AM
PMEmail Poster

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Nedalia has won the right to host AO Bowl II!

Congratulations Nedalia!
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 25 2006, 04:53 AM
PMEmail Poster

Merci, Merci. Sarz, get me the scorinator, s'il vous plait, so I can get my hosting duties on!
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 25 2006, 01:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Nedalia @ Mar 25 2006, 04:53 AM)
Merci, Merci. Sarz, get me the scorinator, s'il vous plait, so I can get my hosting duties on!

You've been PM'd. smile.gif
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) 1 [2] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0237 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->