Start new topic
Regional Map 2.0
Posted: Jun 4 2004, 11:38 AM
PMEmail Poster

Okay, just to make things clear I would like to settle the north-western (upper-left) tip of the larger PINK landmass (as mentioned in the naming the landmasses post). If this is okay, I will post some historical stuff and RP the colonization in the Regional Discussion fourm.

Thank you
Regional Ambassador from Milito
Milito
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 4 2004, 11:52 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

QUOTE (Milito @ Jun 4 2004, 12:38 PM)
Okay, just to make things clear I would like to settle the north-western (upper-left) tip of the larger PINK landmass (as mentioned in the naming the landmasses post). If this is okay, I will post some historical stuff and RP the colonization in the Regional Discussion fourm.

Thank you
Regional Ambassador from Milito

This is fine, RP away! (Also to note, the dark green stuff is marshland so you may want to include that in your RP
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 5 2004, 09:03 AM
PMEmail Poster

Pending a Map Update

Just want to see what the region looks like at this moment.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jun 7 2004, 10:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Abattoir @ Jun 5 2004, 09:03 AM)
Pending a Map Update

Just want to see what the region looks like at this moment.

Sarzonia would like to request the land in the mass immediately above Crystilakere.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 8 2004, 02:53 PM

Map Updated, Thread Cleaned
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 8 2004, 04:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

I don't understand u Vilita, it seems u r going out of ur way to make it difficult 4 everyone.

The first thing I mentioned in my request was for Bullet Wounds to connect to Soul Expression's southern borders. Not only was that ignored but you removed Soul Expression form that area. Why is Nojika now strecthed to divide my 2 nations?

What happened to Soul Expression's port and shipyards? Are they now Nojika property?
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 8 2004, 06:08 PM

nojika also handed in a request to reach the southern border. you specifically requested bullet wounds to have the land where the 3 rivers met, which is something i was against from the start, but have granted to you anyway. originally to get that going there needed to be dual SE/nojika land to connect the two, however to avoid this, i moved SE to the other side of the river so it could have direct close access to BW. this is the best possible scenario with all 4 natiosn. ports and other things were already in place on the new land, so dont worry. trust me i tried 7 or 8 different layouts and this is the one that works out best for everyone. i gave you what you wanted for bullet wounds after always saying you wouldnt get it, and now you complain after that about something else? Everyone wanted the same piece of land, Bullet Wounds, Nojika and Xile. You got it, so be happy.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 8 2004, 07:45 PM
PMEmail Poster

I dint ask for something else. How many people actually read what I write? Go back through all my posts and pms and you will see that from the day Bullet Wounds requested the land, the story has remained the same. Its you who keep bringing in new elements.

So basicly, you accomodated everyone who wanted what I had requested. This region has been in existance for who knows how long and only when I arrive and request a spot, does everyone decides they want that exact spot too. And you're trying to accomodate all your buddies, oblivious to my real concerns on the matter, just caring about what you think would make me happy. And then you amazingly wonder why Im not.

u say u did all these things I requested but you did none of it. u dint want me in the corner and Im not there, Xile is(u made sure of that), so dont insult me by thinking Im so stupid, I read like others in this region do. And u also made sure Bullet Wounds wasnt touching Soul Expression. In fact, u made it even more of a nuisance for me, inserting a nation to split mine up.

The moment I arrived and registered in this forum, u have behaved very unprofessionally. u changed my registered name without asking me or even telling me that u did so. i didnt say a word and just took it in stride. Then, my first action in the region is to request a land extension. It was approved, then erased, then I had to request again and that was stalled for almost 2 weeks. All the while, nations are moving left and right, extensions and puppets and canals. But no, I had to repeat myself over and over again and was only approved when I reposted the original request, go figure. Maybe I should have requested 2 or 3 times from the start.

Finally, when the request is finally effected by a very hesitant Vilita, I start to think about my next move, bringing my puppet here, as a few of you suggested. Bullet Wounds arrives in the area and requests a small piece of land and all of a sudden, everyone seems to want it. Shame on all of you greedy f**ks. And shame on Vilita for losing credibility in game management, u'll never be a successful gm with ur dictatorial attitude.

Ive manage to accomplish 1 thing here, get a land Extension to the river point but even that has been erased. Yea, I still touch the river, but thats no longer the point now is it?

All in all it was a very unproductive few weeks. In fact, Vilita, u r greatly responsible for my wasted time here and I dont hold u in great esteem for it.

Now its no longer about getting what I want, its about respect or ur lack thereof.

Soul Expression and Bullet Wounds are vacating the regions, it is apparent our kind are not welcome. I hold no ill feelings towards any of u, though Vilita, dont come knocking for any favors.

I will still give u a choice. One I always give to any as a chance to redeem their past mistakes or, as a confirmation of intentions.

You can say good-bye, we're better off without you(which is what I am expecting)

or

You will apologize for your lack of respect and my wasted time in YOUR area, where YOU invited me(I don't think u r capable of such humility, it would necessitate a certain amount of wisdom to just see that I speak the truth).

Btw, I am an Atlantian. Everything that bares the name Atlantis is my domain. This is the main reason I have stayed when I would have left the moment I realized I was dealing with childishness.

GenGangrene1 founded Angels of Avalon and Beyond Atlantis. This, way before I was invited here
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 8 2004, 10:55 PM

The moment I arrived and registered in this forum, u have behaved very unprofessionally. u changed my registered name without asking me or even telling me that u did so.

The telegram I send out to new nations is specific in stating you have to use your NATION NAME when signing up, everyone else did, I wasn't going to make an exception.

It was approved, then erased, then I had to request again and that was stalled for almost 2 weeks.

I do apologize for that but that was Tachbe's issue not mine, I took over the map as a pre-war map like I have said many times before, anything happening during and after the war was not considered.

Bullet Wounds arrives in the area and requests a small piece of land and all of a sudden, everyone seems to want it.

In the end, Only Xile and Nojika have requested the same land as you and Nojika is quite obvious why. Xile had offered to move to the other side of the River, but no one posted a definate scenario for me so I just tried to work all 3 nations into the same spot.

Ive manage to accomplish 1 thing here, get a land Extension to the river point but even that has been erased. Yea, I still touch the river, but thats no longer the point now is it?

If that isn't the point, please explain to me what is, I don't understand it or the purpose of this 'canal'

I will still give u a choice. One I always give to any as a chance to redeem their past mistakes or, as a confirmation of intentions.

You can say good-bye, we're better off without you(which is what I am expecting)

or

You will apologize for your lack of respect and my wasted time in YOUR area, where YOU invited me(I don't think u r capable of such humility, it would necessitate a certain amount of wisdom to just see that I speak the truth).

You can expect what you want but I will never give up on a member who is active and honest, and does not post in kanji. I still hope you remain in the region and we can put the Bullet Wounds affair behind us. I have been in and out of the doctors for the past weeks with some crazy throat problem that no one knew what it was, but i couldn't swallow, eat, or drink without incredible pains. But I've tried by best to read what everyone was doing and think of solutions to the map problems that would keep everyone happy. I drew up nearly 10 different combinations on the section of land in question, just trying to find a way to accomodate all 4 Nations who requested to be in the same exact spot, including ones that had some land under dual ownership to connect SE and BW. I concluded on this one by allowing BW and SE to be opposite each other on the river, the most productive way i could think to solve everything due to the fact that BW requested all the coastland from the eastern point, making it nearly impossible to honor nojika's request for access to southern waters. I am sorry I could not please all with the new map, but if you have any new ideas I would be happy to hear them.

Btw, I am an Atlantian. Everything that bares the name Atlantis is my domain.

It's nice to know there is another like me out there, in some way
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 12:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

It's nice to know there is another like me out there, in some way

Hmm, how much do you remember?
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 01:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

Actually, you said you didn't mind if I created another nation as long as the flag was within reegion specs. You invited the colony of Eric Short from the region Beyond Atlantis.

This is not me being difficult because I dont get my way, I am usually quite conciliant but when I join a rp campain, I expect minimum standards that have been lacking here. I have been playing games since before most of you were born as well as effectively run a forum elsewhere as well as assist with the game itself. Go to www.eSorcery.org to see what Im talking about. In the forum, I am the main moderator and in the game, I am #1(hard earned, btw). Suffice it to say I know what I'm talking about.

This place needs structure or it will never get off the ground. No amount of charters or organizations will survive without initial stucture. That means, #1, an economy. Going by the NS GDP calc wont do it either because it will not add any structure, just the disproportions between nations will be enough to create more inequity.

Then you get game pieces. Swords or spaceships, it doesn't matter, you just need them or war means nothing, nor does peace. So far, you would agree, its been close to anarchy.

The proper things to do would have been;

1) Ask me to change my name, I would have done it. Instead, your doing it without warbing me or even telling me afterwards that you did it and why, only offended me, even though I said nothing.

2) Once a request has been approved, you don't reverse that decision. So if a man was shot, he's now unshot? All that did was launch the following.

3) In the Crystilakere affaire, you lost your place in rp. Proper international proceedures would be, who cares what a bunch of tree huggers with poor civil rights think when the mass majority of nations approve. Yet, you insisted I repeat myself or, as you put it, answer the question. I don't care how important a person is here, you still have to maintain your rp despite your personal feelings.

4) When Xile asked for something that was clearly stepping on another's toes, you should of said " you want what?!? Look there's plenty of room and possibilities, settle where ever is not taken, especially that you are leaving forsaken lands in your wake and BW just arrived. Once that is done, Nojika can then decide where they want to expand to. How about if SE requested an expansion to the east to the canal. If anybody wants more, then rp it, negotiate to redefine borders or go to war for territory. But you can only do that if you have a valid economy.

5) All the while you are trying to accomodate your friends, Im still trying to maintain rp. The millions it cost SE, the port I was building, the sea exploration SE was planning, and you were talking to me about accomodating Xile, my flag, my name(I personaly think Bullet Wounds is a great name). The map in the area of SE's expansion has changed so many times, its sad.

Before I even arrived, I wanted the center block of the continent because it didn't touch water and it was isolated. Next thing you know, map changes and I now have 2 nations on my borders. Now I have to rerequest that which had already been approved. Bullet Wounds asked to be located touching SE and the canal, it has neither. Why does Xile have to have 2 of 3 corners? All this has flattered me because you all think my ideas are great but trying to steal them from me will not endear youreslf to me.

Now, what I would do with the map to accomodate everyone;

If its fair you want, you lower Abattoir so they touch canal, You raise Lieno so they also do and you raise BW around the cape(bend) so that all 3 sides are share(to a certain degree) by 2 nations each. Switch Nojika and SE on the map, they'll have their coast to coast there as well.

All this has flattered me some for you all thinking my ideas are that good that you would steal them from me, only some though. Mostly, its a quality I dont find endearing. Thou shalt not covet...

Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 06:30 AM

SE - I did not invite the Colony of Eric Short as that is an odd named nation as well. List some of your other nations and I will tell you which one I invited. I didnt read anything else as I am off to work, will read later
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 09:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

Ahh it appears you are gone. Interesting.
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 11:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

Indeed, I suspected my departure would interest a few
Soul Expression
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jun 9 2004, 12:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

wait, if i remember correctly, there was a nation called gengangrene 1, who was quite active on the forums. tell me, did you have a nation called that long ago and when was it active?
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (19) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0200 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->