Start new topic
A O C A F V I I :: Hosting Bids
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 09:06 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Please Post your Hosting Bids for AOCAF VII.

In order to be ranked you must have participated in at least ONE of the last (6) AOCAF Competitions. KPB Rank is figured in to the AO Rankings, but as the Rankings are current as of the conclusion of the previous AOCAF Tournament, New Entries must wait until after their first tournament to have their KPB Points count towards their AO Rank. (You can view this IC as a difference in transition to unfamiliar surroundings). Legalese & Cockbill Street are ineligible to host the current AOCAF tournament, as they hosted the previous two AOCAF Cups respectively. If no other host steps forward, Vilita or Turori will be available to host. The Signups are beginning now and are in a seperate thread, to be run by Vilita. Vilita will serve as host of no other nations step forward.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 24 2005, 11:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

We put in a bid to host AOCAF VII. We will use Leagion to simulate scores, and I'll put stadium details up later.
South Osettia
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 24 2005, 01:59 PM

I would need a little help on how to use legion, as I have not gotten a chance to try it, but I do want to try and bid for hosting. I will post up my stuff as well when I get to another computer where I can save stuff.
Fmjphoenix
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 25 2005, 01:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

Chacor'll like to put in a bid. If either SO [yikes, SOLE again?] or Fmj would like to cohost, please TG LE.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 25 2005, 04:37 AM
PMEmail Poster

Krytenia, hosts of the first AOCAF competition, would like to host the seventh installment of the tournament.

We shall be using the TBF/Krytenia WC22 formula.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 25 2005, 01:56 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Fmjphoenix @ Feb 24 2005, 01:59 PM)
I would need a little help on how to use legion, as I have not gotten a chance to try it, but I do want to try and bid for hosting. I will post up my stuff as well when I get to another computer where I can save stuff.

I tried using it on my computer but I had all kinds of problems with it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to edit an Excel spreadsheet to create a scorinator rather than just use the scorinator I have at home.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Feb 25 2005, 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Sarzonia @ Feb 25 2005, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Fmjphoenix @ Feb 24 2005, 01:59 PM)

I tried using it on my computer but I had all kinds of problems with it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to edit an Excel spreadsheet to create a scorinator rather than just use the scorinator I have at home.

I am wondering what kind of java program you need for running it. Thats all I remember. I have not figured out how to worke the excel scorinators yet, but I learn fast with someone explaining how it works to me.
Fmjphoenix
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 25 2005, 07:30 PM

download the JRE from java.sun.com
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Feb 26 2005, 03:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

Fmjphoenix/Chacor cohost bid announcement.
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 3 2005, 12:30 AM
PMEmail Poster

Would any of the hosting candidates like to elaborate on their bids?
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 3 2005, 04:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

AOCAF VII

The South Osettia Experience

This is the official SO bid to host AOCAF VII - the most competitive regional soccer tournament in the world. Let's go for a walk, shall we...

Stadiums

The Ts'khinvali Stadium

The Tblisi Arena

The Ashtarak Track

The Gori Circle

Scorination

We'll be using Leagion for this tournament, because it's the best in the business, and is definitely the least contraversial scorinator.

RP Bonus

Another experiment - there will be NO RP Bonus in the South Osettia experience. It doesn't men you shouldn't RP though, because RPing is really what the whole tournament is about...apart from the winning, of course...don't you agree?

Format

Aiming for four groups of four, top two to progress, but will adjust accordingly for the number of teams that enter. There will definitely be four groups though, and each group will play its games in one of the four stadiums (i.e. all of Group A's games will be in Ts'khinvali, etc.).

South Osettia's Hosting Background

We're not that much of a novice, you know. We've hosted tournaments before - just look at our CV:

Cup Of Harmony 12 (Co-Hosted with Liverpool England)

Pre-WC21 Baptism Of Fire Cup (Co-Hosted with Vilita)

Field Hockey World Cup 12

Putting in a SOLE bid for World Cup 22 - success a real possibility

So, that's our bid. We hope very much that you consider us as a real possibility, and look forward to hearing the result with great earnest. May this be the best AOCAF tournament yet!
South Osettia
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 7 2005, 01:42 PM
PMEmail Poster

Throwing up some open questions regarding the hosting bids:

Krytenia: I'm assuming you plan on using a group stage, followed by the knockout rounds for the format. Am I correct?

Also, regarding the formula, which, if I read correctly on your hosting bid page, is:

RAND()*100-84+((YOUR RANK-THEIR RANK)/15)-ATTACK NUMBER/2

1. What is the attack number? That is, I'd like to know the value of it, if it is a constant number, or how the attack number will be calculated.

2. By Rank, do you mean the AO Regional Rankings? Also, are these the sequential ranks?

3. If I'm reading this right, as it would be applied to this region, won't this basically make all matches a coin flip? There are, at most, 30 ranks between the top and bottom teams, resulting in a maximum of 2 going either way towards the probability of scoring. Maybe it's just me, but I'm a little concerned that it will be putting teams a little too close together. If that's the case, how do you plan on dealing with that situation?

4. Do you plan to make use of an RP bonus? If so, how do you expect it to affect the results? I'm not as concerned with the specific grading, but what's the likelihood of a team covering the gap in rankings with RPs?

Fmj/Chacor: First, do y'all even plan on discussing how you'd run the AOCAF? I'd like to hear details, any of them. Also, I remember Fmj commenting that he didn't have the ability to get on a computer to post stadium details (which honestly, don't matter as much as the details of how you'll run the cup). If that's a problem, can we expect you to be around to actually run the competition? I know you really want to do it (hence why I was one of many to suggest that you bid for it), but if you can't in good faith keep up with running it, then maybe it is better if you wait until you can.

SO: Haven't you experimented without the RP Bonus enough? tongue.gif
Seriously, why do you have an aversion to the RP Bonus in general? I don't consider myself a proponent of a huge RP Bonus either, which is partly why I've supported some form of Vilita's proposed "form" bonus (which applies a random element to the RP Score). Have you considered trying something along those lines?

Also, as someone who's worried about becoming the next LE myself ( tongue.gif ), don't you think it's time to back off for a tournament or two, and let someone else try hosting?

Anyways, I hope to hear some responses from all of you, so that I (and the rest of the competitors) can make an informed decision about who should host AOCAF VII. Thank you for your consideration.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 7 2005, 01:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

Dear Legalese,

I am trying to see what will happen if a tournament containing some of the best teams in the NS World has no RP Bonus. The Cup Of Harmony if hardly a good statistical mode for this, as, no offence to anyone, it's hardly filled with the cream of the crop. I promise that this is my last experiment with RP Bonus, if it keeps everyone sweet.

It is true, I am hosting a lot of tournaments lately. I am trying to get as much hosting experience as possible, and I thought that I might as well get it all now. That way I can perhaps be able to have a better, more rounded, insight into the experience that is NS football, and I can start to appreciate what it is to organise a tournament. Besides, I do believe that I made a promise that, after this and WC22 (should SOLE win that), I will make no more hosting bids for six months, and that is something I intend to stick to. If I don't, you can shoot me...several times...in the groin. Okay?

Yours sincerely,

South Osettia

This post has been edited by South Osettia on Mar 7 2005, 01:55 PM
South Osettia
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 7 2005, 01:57 PM
PMEmail Poster

Man that was so funny! :D... you don't need to make that promise. Thanks for the response.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 7 2005, 07:12 PM

Vilita will provide the rankings in either points or sequential to the host at the time the signup list is finalized
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0193 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->