Start new topic
Regional Map Iii
Posted: May 3 2004, 08:05 AM
PMEmail Poster

Done.

And when people give the numbers of blocks please state the sub-region its in rather than give a directoon from another nation as that can be vauge some times.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 3 2004, 02:12 PM
PMEmail Poster

sorry i disapeared without telling anyone, i had to go to South Carolina for Drum Corps again. i think the way the territory worked out looks good. thanks for being respectful and diplomatic in my absence.
Salmantic
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: May 3 2004, 02:18 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

you should have stopped in and said hi, i'm in columbia all week
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 3 2004, 10:15 PM

Nojika is situated in block 20 within Primear, South of Vilita. Nojika's capitol city of Rozier is located on the central Western shore.
Nojika
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Integrity Messenger IMAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 10:55 AM
PMEmail Poster

Map updated.

I also claimed one new block of land. I can't get used to not having large sweaping areas of land anymore so I had ot have just one small outpost somewhere. smile.gif
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 11:06 AM

I object to this claiming of land until there is a further explanation of how it is justified by the rules previously set forward?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 11:47 AM
PMEmail Poster

i agree.
coz then ppl could just start randomly claiming land to see if they could get away with it. not that im suggesting that would happen, but all we see in this forum is which land ppl want, not the grounds on which they want to claim it. that way we can be sure the system is being upheld
Samonina
Experienced Senator
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 02:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

What exactly do you mean.

I think i will retract that colony anyway as I think it was a mistate, I should keep land simple. Infact, soon I iwll reclassify Orwell as home land and drop colonial status.

Now, what do you mean with the rules. We could tighten them?
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 02:50 PM

There is no reason people should be selecting Land all over the map. Plain and Simple smile.gif It just looks stupid and messy, and VERY unrealistic
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 02:55 PM
PMEmail Poster

That is why I selected one tiny bit still inside the cove. I was considering placeing restrictions keeping it in the sub-regions but wen your on a border. Plus European nations took areas round the world. Its hard to define rules on it.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 02:59 PM

I think a more logical expansion slot would be 1 or 2 just south of tachbe, not way over taking away room from Nojika... Expansion rules should be tighter. Needs to be much less of it.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 03:04 PM
PMEmail Poster

Its hardly taking room, one of the least populated areas on the map that happens ot border Naj. I deliberatly chose a very small bit of land with no startigic importance. If I was to go for big expansion i would have gone for 6, 3, 9, 24 or 7 (various regions)

The prob is every time I think of a new rule to limit expansion it flys in the face of realism. BE it size or amount. For god sakes the UK, a msall island of the coast of france, took 1/4 of the world, and thats not counting colonies it had before it reached its peak! be It Ieland of New Zealand, India or Canada. Then you have the Feench empire. Even the dutch had an empire!
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 03:10 PM

well lets try and keep it simple, and create a land approximation committee. New members can select any block on the map. Expansions must be approved by Regional Council.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: May 4 2004, 03:15 PM
PMEmail Poster

again, not realistic. besides the regional council would be alot of red tape just for one extra block of land. Perhaps is we just up the rules surrounding becoming a colonial power, we ocuyld actualy librilise the expansion rules themselfs a bit if we have tighter rules regarding entry.
Tachbe
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: May 4 2004, 05:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

Well, I would have to insist on keeping colonial expansion based on economy plus population. With my current land situation with nearly 2 billion inhabitants...would be very cramped, making my frightening economic situation with such a large population, a near megapolis. The mere thought of my population density almost scares me, and with civil rights being so high, that for my nation to be able to exist in such an area is too unrealistic. There are few if any nations in our region that can top my population, and it would be ever so more difficult to gain my economic superpower at this moment.

I feel that with 2 billion citizens I should be entitled to expand a little more and more frequently than someone with say 500 million.

This post has been edited by Abattoir on May 4 2004, 05:28 PM
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart new topic
Pages: (9) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

[ Script Execution time: 0.0148 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->