Start new topic
Behind the white wall of snow (open)
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 09:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: I want to keep this on one front only Del, so please try and keep things on the Oliverrian front please. I also want to start to implement Soviet-bloc ideas and ways on the occupied areas. Enforcing equality, industry and polluting ways... I need a move against me in order for me to have a motive to go further. Falcania and I agreed that I'll penetrate as far as Marshalliston before the huge turning point is made (like Stalingrad) and the SDL retakes Oliverry.
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 7 2007, 05:53 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

OOC: I'm still waiting for Oliverry to RP sending someone to meet my troops.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 15 2007, 11:36 PM
PMEmail Poster

Reviving this. Oli's is about as useful to the SDL as France really was in WW2. Looks like it'll just be the SDL and HC duking it out in Fran- I mean... Oliverry.
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 16 2007, 01:03 AM

Oliverry either died out, or isn't active.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 18 2007, 01:08 AM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Aug 16 2007, 01:03 AM)
Oliverry either died out, or isn't active.

No reason we still can't duke it out. Still could be potential for the SDL and Hockey Canada for a big conflict. Marshalliston is as far as I want to push, Stalingrad-like RP there, push me back to my borders... sets stage for a new RP.
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 18 2007, 04:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

ooc: yu could say a well placed nuke or something took out the capital and governement, leaving the armed forces in panic and abandoning their regiments? SDL countines the fight to secure a new, free Oliverry, while HC continues its push, but with less resistance from Oliverryian people
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 19 2007, 12:02 AM

OOC: That would work. The only question is how many people would be willing to continue this fight.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 19 2007, 09:31 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Started off with great momentum... a communist nation resorting to WMDs even while they're WINNING so far (don't worry, not godmoding, just pushing to the capital and from there on its our fight) would be a catastrophe. But we would more than likely only need to use the one WMD really just based on the fact we need a city levelled to fight in. But I like Delesa's idea.

If someone wants to pick up from the last scene of the RP, it can give me something to work with. I took Ile-Royale preparing a flank of Oliverry from the west along with the south that's already been invaded... should I say if Pontville falls, it'll be like a road directly to Marshalliston where the SDL falls back and repels me.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Oli55/mapOliverry.png
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 20 2007, 04:00 PM
PMEmail Poster

The troops had left Ile-Royale in full bore towards the Oliverrian coastline via boat, transport or air. The chunnel that had linked the Hockey Canadian controlled island had been a little more damp than expected, but provided just enough space for transports and tanks to line single file through the narrow underground corridor. The beach head in the distance for the Hockey Canadian boats and aircraft appeared to be a different story with hundreds of resistance fighters from Oliverry and thousands of SDL troops awaiting them. There was no doubt in the Hockey Canadian commanders' minds there would be a few mines, traps and other surprises waiting for them, but the superior numbers and arms in favour of Hockey Canada almost would predict the outcome.

Canuck B-2s hummed loudly incoming at the Oliverrian beach preparing to drop even more 'dumb-bombs' to rid the useless weapons from the Hockey Canadian arsenal rather than leave them sit in storage. At 1100 hours

OOC: busy atm.. will finish
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 20 2007, 06:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Aug 18 2007, 11:02 PM)
OOC:  That would work.  The only question is how many people would be willing to continue this fight.

ooc: i donno, who ever was fighting HC before, i can't im ingaged in my own war no troops to spare for the moment, other then that glad i could help with the idea

This post has been edited by Delesa on Aug 20 2007, 06:22 PM
Delesa
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 21 2007, 12:56 PM

"Good morning, early birds! This is Harley Whelan, and you're listening to Skyranger Radio. It's 7 AM, and today's forecast is good. A particularly warm weather front is bringing clear skies to a huge swathe of the region, but enjoy it while you can, because it's not gonna be here long. The 'sun stripe' as sad old meteorologists are calling it, stretches all the way from our beautiful Free Kingdom, all the way up through the southern Lowland Clans, right the way up to the eastern environs of Oliverry and Hockey Canada-" Falcon grinned as he turned off the radio, before swishing onto the bridge of the FNS Feather.

"Good morning, gentlemen. No, no, sit down, don't stand up on my account. I take it you've heard the weather forecast. Today we're going to get the sunniest weather we've had for ages. We won't get a better opportunity to attack."

"We'll need a target," commented Hack from the side. "And I note with great amusement that Hockey Canada is focusing all their might in the west. We can flank magnificently. This is textbook."

"Well, then. Let's get on with it."

This post has been edited by Falcania on Aug 21 2007, 12:59 PM
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 22 2007, 10:43 AM

The Lamonian troops had made it to Pontville, where they were finally able to establish a defensive presence after being left out in the informational 'cold' by Oliverry. The local citizenry was being most helpful, though. It didn't make up for the lack of a reception by the Oliverrian government, but it helped.

A motorcycle was found, and a Lamonian messenger was dispatched to Marshalliston in order to find out why there had been no response to repeated queries for communication.

OOC: I would figure that the messenger is just able to see the WMD in action by the time that he gets where he is going.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 23 2007, 05:26 PM
PMEmail Poster

The troops had left Ile-Royale in full bore towards the Oliverrian coastline via boat, transport or air. The chunnel that had linked the Hockey Canadian controlled island had been a little more damp than expected, but provided just enough space for transports and tanks to line single file through the narrow underground corridor. The beach head in the distance for the Hockey Canadian boats and aircraft appeared to be a different story with hundreds of resistance fighters from Oliverry and thousands of SDL troops awaiting them. There was no doubt in the Hockey Canadian commanders' minds there would be a few mines, traps and other surprises waiting for them, but the superior numbers and arms in favour of Hockey Canada almost would predict the outcome.

Canuck B-2s hummed loudly incoming at the Oliverrian beach preparing to drop even more 'dumb-bombs' to rid the useless weapons from the Hockey Canadian arsenal rather than leave them sit in storage. At 1100 hours the first bombs were away on anything that looked like it would offer heavy resistance towards HC opposition.

The plan of attack was simple: A 4 pronged attack via boat from Cote de Forrure, chunnel from Fallington, and air from the Avairsk Air Base in Hockey Canada and just outside Port Lusambeaux. The plan was designed to overwhealm the Strategic Defence League's forces with shear numbers and force from all sides, and eventually overtake Pontville for a highway route to Marshalliston. The plan was to go off without a hitch, just one distraction would set the Hockey Canadian military into a deadly alternative.

user posted image

Admiral Tsygankov peered through binoculars from the bridge of the Battleship Oprichinik as the bombs blasted the city of Pontville and any beach fortifications that looked to be important. He smiled knowing that through all the carnage there were Strategic Defence League forces being scattered and killed. The first landing craft hit the beach and like a swarm of bees they flooded the beach clad in beach-camo clothing armed with Hockey Canada's latest rifle: The Trestik-07. A few larger objects appeared out of nowhere from the city of Pontville as an expected fear arose.

"Admiral! The SDL has released tanks and artillery! They're Lamonian class from what our air tells us. The plan?" A captain called from the deck below the bridge.

Without pausing, the admiral calmly placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it carefully before sighing.

"Tell our boys on the ground to keep pushing, we have them outmanned, outgunned and outprepared. Tell all naval power in the area to fire on the co-ordinates .025 degrees westward of our infantry's position. That should take care of any pesky artillery that gets in our way."

"Yes sir." The captain bellowed.

"And one more thing."

"That is, sir?"

"Have our bombers reload and pummel the -explicitive removed- out the city. I want it to be a near ruin for our men to fortify it. Any prisoners I want them kindly escourted back to... no. We'll have them fortify it for us."

"Didn't Prime Minister Di Lorenzi say to release any civilians that did not look to be a threat or offer resistance?"

"I'm in control of this operation, not her" the Admiral bellowed nearly biting his cigarette in half.

The Hockey Canadian troops had by now established a foothold on the beach of Pontville and the second amphibious landing squads had arrived for the push against Lamonian and Oliverrian resistance into the city where the bombers would pound relentlessly. Then, from absolutely nowhere, from the hole in the ground that was the Ile-Royale chunnel emerged Hockey Canadian T-98 tanks followed by armoured transports and supply vehicles. The city had been all but taken, but the Lamonians would still not lose this city without a fight.

On the eastern side of Oliverry, Generals Yukulov and Kuzkin were discussing the next plan of attack with their tank crews. It was settled they would both split up at Hallow's Corner attacking both Colon and Espoir for an eastward attack on Marshalliston when the orders came. The only problem was Hallow's corner would be watched over by a handful of infantry and artillery. Only a squad of fighters would sit at the airfield waiting for the next supply line to enter so the reinforcements could bring up the rear. The bulk of the Hockey Canadian armed forces was still entering Oliverry down from the Hockey Canadian mountains.

Battle of Pontville losses:

Air: 3 bombers, 13 damaged
Sea: 7 landing craft, 24 damaged
Land: 988 dead or missing , 2,367 wounded
Hockey Canada
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 23 2007, 07:11 PM

Skies above Hallow's Corner

Falcon surveyed the small town below him. Supply trucks, armoured cars and tanks sat, complacently, not expecting an attack while war was being waged at the other end of the country. A junction in the supply route, a Jesus Nut in the propeller of the battlefield. A Jesus Nut about to be knocked out. And as any aircrewman knew, there was only one thing to do when the Jesus Nut came off the prop. Pray.

---

The aircrew prepared the squadron. Finally, they were seeing action. Pilots dashed to their Birds of Prey, and began to buckle themselves in as fresh missiles were loaded and tanks filled. The first flight were ready, and began to roll inexorably towards the end of the runway. Slowly, the leader on point approached the tip, and the runway tipped her gently off, her plane falling like a dart towards the ground, her wingmates following. As the air rushed through her steed's turbines, the pilot's heart pumped, the adrenaline in her bloodstream rocketing through her system. This was living. With a roar, his turbines started up, their buffers engineered for a drop takeoff. The flight levelled off out of the vertical dive, before they were dashed out of existence by a rudely omnipresent ground.

Freaking out, gunners ran to turrets and hasty defences were prepared before the true power of the fighters could be unleashed. Flak fire dotted the air as the fighters swooped overhead.

From within the cockpit, the leader chuckled to herself. These idiots were about to become mincemeat. Locking in on the principal operating flak battery, she painted a target for the laser bombs. Into her com she smirked "All yours, Six." Behind her left shoulder, Six unleashed a payload of AGMs into the missile system. The leader saw the crewmen scatter as their battery was destroyed. She spoke to her com again, "Show initiative, flight. If you don't like it, kill it." Orders given, she brought her fighter down lower, and readied the cannons. Whispering to herself, she instinctively lined up a strafing run. As the cannon rounds tore through the crowds of panicking people, with dust and blood flying, she felt the hot rush rising up her body, her breath shortening, with spasms coursing through her muscles. Panting heavily, she brought the nose up, out of the attack run, and heard three and five screaming with maniacal laughter over the com. As she relaxed, she brought her Bird of Prey around, took a deep breath, and rolled into a lock onto a supply truck.

---

Behind the initial wave, the flight of transports cut lower through the air, less stylishly reckless than their comrades, but with a distinct flair. In half a dozen locations, they swept over, dropping entire platoons of Falcanian shock troopers. Landing on their wings among the flames, they began to cull the panic brought by the fighters' disruption. In a bloody melée, claws slashed and bullets flew as the Hocanucks who had lost their heads in the assault began to do so in a literal sense. Finally, a hard pocket of organised soldiers enemy soldiers were left, holding a fort flanked by tank positions. The Falcanians pounced, lifted upon their wings, sinking claw and bullet into flesh as they charged. Defensive machine gun fire cut down several in their tracks, but the sheer fury against the surprised defenders was enough to sap the last drop of will. The fort was taken, the battle was won, and the Free Sunset* was hoisted atop the city.

* The national flag of the Free Kingdom
Falcania
Winging It Since 2004
Quote Post

Posted: Aug 23 2007, 07:47 PM

General Nathaniel Dolan was in charge of both the Lamonian forces in Oliverry, as well as the local Oliverrian resistance fighters.

The General knew that he would not be likely to hold Pontville against a determined Canuck assault with the forces at his command. Accordingly, he had developed a hit and run strategy... all the way to Marshalliston, if need be. Combined with the allied intellegence of where the Falcanians would strike, it was entirely possible that the SDL forces could flank the Canucks, and force a decisive battle at Marshalliston. Until then, the SDL forces would whittle the Canuck forces down to size.

In the meantime, a limited portion of the Lamonian and Oliverrian forces (700 Lamonians, 300 Oliverrians) had been left in Pontville while the rest of the combined forces had slipped away in the night using terrain cover as much as possible.

As intelligence had predicted, the opening shots of the Battle of Pontville were fired by Canuck aircraft. The Combined Forces were dug in, but casualties were a given. When the tanks rolled in, 950 troops were left out of a total of 1,000. Decoys were in place to make it look like there were more SDL troops there than there really was, and no one bothered to count how many of them were blown up, at the moment. They were too busy fighting, and making themselves look like multiple people.

The Combined Forces were also able to open up a hole in the Canuck lines with artillery at the begining of the fight. This enabled the Oliverrian Resistance fighters present to slip into the Canuck rear and attack Canuck supply lines.

When the pre-arranged fall back signal came, it was estimated that the small Combined Forces contingent at Pontville had killed at least 950 Canuck troops, and possibly more than that. Three bombers were destroyed, and possibly 13 were damaged from hand held SAMs. Seven Canuck landing craft had been sunk, with 24 being damaged. The 1,000 Combined Forces (CF) troops had just given the Canucks a minor black eye.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0374 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->