Start new topic
Alliance
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 05:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Holy Saints declines the terms. We like to keep our options quite open, and would wish to keep it that way.
Thank you, and good day.
*Prefect Adun stands up and leaves, a small distortion is seen following him which quickly fades and the wall is seen again, undistorted.*
Holy Saints
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 05:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Roger Burns hadn't spoken a word since he arrived at the meeting in Lamoni, instead seeming content to sit near the end of the table and listen to the proceedings. As the finalized charter was presented, he looked it over closely. Finding no particular bones of contention, he declared himself satisfied.

[OOC: Bedistan votes in favor.]
Bedistan
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 2 2005, 10:14 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

CODE
Official charter of the alliance

Article 1

The name of the aforementioned alliance will hereby be known as the Federation of Like-Minded States (FLMS).

Article 2

All member nations must come to the defense of an attacked member nation.  However, the member nations may themselves decide how they wish to support their attacked ally.  Also, FLMS member nations may not attack each other unless they are attacked first.  If an FLMS nation wants to involve the alliance in a war (unless they are attacked first), then the Alliance Coucil must approve it by majority vote.

Article 3

All FLMS member nations have the right to conduct their internal affairs as they wish, unless the member nation itself requests FLMS assistance.  The nation requesting such assistance loses their self-determination in the matter in which assistance is requested.

Article 4

FLMS member nations shall engage in free trade with each other, as long as their economy is not adversely affected by such trade.

Article 5

FLMS will be controled by a council of representitives from all FLMS member nations.  The  FLMS headquarters shall be placed in the neutral AO nation of former Wapahkoneta, where the AO regional council is currently based.  Each Council Member has one vote.

Article 6

The FLMS Council shall be ruled by an elected Council President.  This individual shall serve a four (IC year) term, with a limit of two such terms.  To run for the position, a candidate must be a citizen of an FLMS member nation, must be above the age of thirty five, and have experience running large organizations.  The Council President shall be elected by the voting Council members themselves (one vote per voting member).

Article 7

After the initial member nations of FLMS have approved this charter by majority vote, all nations seeking to join FLMS must be approved by majority vote of FLMS Council Members.

Article 8

FLMS member nations are prohibited from violating the charter, and can be expelled from FLMS by 2/3rds vote for doing so.  Amendments to this charter must be passed by a 2/3rds vote of FLMS Council Members.

Keeping tally of the voting, President Stone noted that the amended charter had passed with six votes in favor so far.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 3 2005, 03:45 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: Apparently you missed my amendment to article 6, but you did get article 5 right. Thanks for that.

IC: President Stone seemed to think all was well, penciling in the changes to the charter, but George Williamson wouldn't have it, unless all his amendments were considered.

"Hold up there, Matt", Williamson said. "While I'm glad you added the lines to Article 5 without problem, closing any possible loopholes there, we really should talk about Article 6. In fact, we will not consider signing, unless such amendment is given full consideration."

After a quick pause, George explained Legalese's reasoning behind the amendment proposal to Article 6: "First, we propose removing the age requirement, largely cause it's way too arbitrary. To say that a 35-year old can automatically do the job better than a 30-year old is ridiculous. The council can clearly decide who is the better candidate. This is also why I'm against the experience requirement, cause it sets arbitraty restrictions that can simply be solved by letting the council make the decision."

"Now, why do I propose that the head of the Council be a member of one of our delegations? Because we don't need the extra expense of creating a powerful alliance executive. All we need is someone to run the meetings, and in this way, appointing a member of one of the delegations for a short term will be wisest, if you ask me."

George sat down, pleased with his statements. However, he then realized something that required important attention.

"Hey, bud," said Williamson, leaning towards the delegate to his right. "Anyway I can grab a flight back to Legalese? Marcus took the plane on me."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 3 2005, 04:57 PM

CODE
Official charter of the alliance

Article 1

The name of the aforementioned alliance will hereby be known as the Federation of Like-Minded States (FLMS).

Article 2

All member nations must come to the defense of an attacked member nation.  However, the member nations may themselves decide how they wish to support their attacked ally.  Also, FLMS member nations may not attack each other unless they are attacked first.  If an FLMS nation wants to involve the alliance in a war (unless they are attacked first), then the Alliance Coucil must approve it by majority vote.

Article 3

All FLMS member nations have the right to conduct their internal affairs as they wish, unless the member nation itself requests FLMS assistance.  The nation requesting such assistance loses their self-determination in the matter in which assistance is requested.

Article 4

FLMS member nations shall engage in free trade with each other, as long as their economy is not adversely affected by such trade.

Article 5

FLMS will be controled by a council of representitives from all FLMS member nations.  The  FLMS headquarters shall be placed in the neutral AO nation of former Wapahkoneta, where the AO regional council is currently based.  Each Council Member has one vote.

Article 6

The FLMS Council shall be headed by an elected Council Chairman.  This individual shall be a delegate and citizen of a member state, and serve a two year (IC year) term, with a limit of two such terms.  The Council Chairman shall be elected by the voting membership of the Council.

Article 7

After the initial member nations of FLMS have approved this charter by majority vote, all nations seeking to join FLMS must be approved by majority vote of FLMS Council Members.

Article 8

FLMS member nations are prohibited from violating the charter, and can be expelled from FLMS by 2/3rds vote for doing so.  Amendments to this charter must be passed by a 2/3rds vote of FLMS Council Members.

After adding in the change to article six, President Stone then thought asked an aide to find out what was available to take the Legalese delegate home. Looking at the Legalese delegate, he said: "All right, you've got your amendment to article six as well. The aide that I just talked to will make the arrangements to take you back to Legalese. I don't think that the Autocrats will want to mess with a diplomatic flight at this point." Looking at all the delegates, he then asked "Are there any other nations that any of you would like to see in this alliance?"

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Apr 3 2005, 05:00 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 3 2005, 05:03 PM
PMEmail Poster

George looked back at President Stone. "Whoa, no need to be angry about it, though I appreciate the change. I'll take you up on the flight, and assure you that, barring a surprise vote in the Senate, that Legalese will now sign the charter."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 3 2005, 05:10 PM

"I'm not angry." President Stone said. The statement that he was angry from the Legalese delegate confused him because he was completely calm.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 3 2005, 05:25 PM
PMEmail Poster

QUOTE (Lamoni @ Apr 3 2005, 05:10 PM)
"I'm not angry." President Stone said. The statement that he was angry from the Legalese delegate confused him because he was completely calm.

George shrugs. "Oh, alright then. Sorry to assume."

George goes to sit down, then remembers something: "Hey, Matt... did you happen to send an invite to Druida? I'm sure President Smith might be interested."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 07:11 PM

Blinking, President Stone replied: "They haven't done anything in so long that I was starting to wonder if they still exhisted. You can invite them if you wish, though."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 11:01 PM
PMEmail Poster

George smiled. "I'll have Marcus send Trefor, or Margaret, whatever he calls himself now, a line."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 5 2005, 09:19 AM
PMEmail Poster

The phone rings in the Presidential office. Thankfully, the President himself is out, so his unnamed helper takes the call...

Unnamed helper: "Hello... Ah Marcus! I haven't heard from you since... Ok, I understand you don't want to talk about it... The President, oh, he's, um, feeding the fish... So what gives us the pleasure, then?... yes... an alliance, you say? Well, um... uhuh... uhuh... well, Druida is traditionally a neutral country, but, er... a charter... yes... you've sent it to us... hang on a second..." *he clicks his computer mouse a few times* "...ah, I see... well, I guess it'd probably be for the best if we get teh President out there as soon as possible... yes, make sure we have at least two seats, though. I'm not sure he can manage this kind of thing on his own."
Druida
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 5 2005, 01:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

Marcus smiled on the other end. "Don't worry,..."

Marcus's next words were obscured by the blaring email notification on his desktop. Marcus looked at it for a second, then continued.

"Oh, sorry about that. There's room for you too, so we're looking forward to meeting y'all in Lamoni. Thanks, and tell the President that I said hi."

Marcus clicked open his email program, and looked in disgust. "No, I'm happy with it the size that it is right now!"

"What was that sir?" said Marcia, who had just walked into the office.

Marcus gave her a deer-in-the-headlights look. "Um... nothing. Carry on, dear."
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 03:13 AM
PMEmail Poster

OOC:

QUOTE (Legalese)
Marcus clicked open his email program, and looked in disgust. "No, I'm happy with it the size that it is right now!"

Heheheheh... sure it is.... tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Chacor on Apr 6 2005, 03:14 AM
Chacor
Senator in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 12:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: There shall be no further references to the size of Marcus's, er, scroll. blink.gif

Anyways,

IC: George put down the phone, and turned back to President Stone: "Matt, I have good news. Druida's sending their President, along with his helper there, and the Legalese Senate just approved the current version of the charter. Marcus will be making the return trip to sign it shortly.
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 05:23 PM

OOC: That was great. biggrin.gif

IC: "Welcome to the alliance.," President Stone said as he shook George's hand. "Are you SURE that the helper is going to be able to keep the Druidan President under control?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (7) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->