Start new topic
Chaos in Khazaron
Posted: Jul 27 2005, 06:48 PM
PMEmail Poster

Stack turned around and saw it was President Stone who had approached him. The Lamonian President had been busy with both sides, and it was the first actual encounter with the Nedalian representative in the whole affair.

"I must say, Mr. President, your history is fascinating. Save for the recent economic woes your country has experienced, those two have much to learn from you."

The conversation continued on friendly terms, discussing everything from the recent football battles the two countries had gone through, which Stack took the pleasure of playfully teasing the Lamonian delegation about their 1 - 0 loss to the Lions in the AOCAF Cup, to Nedalia's 100% satisfaction with the ships that they bought from Lamoni. Finally, Stack turned the conversation back to the matter at hand.

"Mr. President, what do you think of this situation? I have just offered aid to the Loyalists so that they may help the people that live in the land controlled by them. The First Archon tells me that the aid package we sent to them, and still send to them, is being put to good use. My first priority was to make sure the people of Khazaron dont suffer, which is why I offered both sides aid. However, in the long run, we have to reunite the country, and I'm afraid it's on our two fine countries to restore unity in Kharazon. Do you have any ideas?"
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 28 2005, 02:10 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Noticing that he had two people trying to talk to him at once, President Stone did the best that propriety would allow.

Turning first to Mr. Stack (after promising to answer the questions of the First Archon), President Stone said, "My government was thinking that we could have the democratic population should either have their own nation, or their own 'special autonomic region' inside Khazaron. Monitors from our two nations would ensure that the democrats weren't being unfairly treated by the Khazaronian government. Let me know what you think of that a little later."

Finally able to answer the question of the First Archon, President Stone next turned that way. "There are two ways to answer that. Before the Novvs Atlantian invasion, I would've said that it was when we helped our allies to crush Psipronia. After said invasion however, the best point of Lamonian history would be how we stood up to an aggressor, and acutally hurt him more than he hurt us. I'm sure that you heard that we were just a random target for the nation that now calls itself Nova Roma? Well, we like to think that we made them change their minds." A smile accompanied the pronouncement.

Looking over everyone gathered around, President Stone then asked if anyone else had any questions that he could answer.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 28 2005, 02:25 PM

The First Archon listened very intently to the President, before nodding his head and replying. "Yes, Nova Roma, they are right across our shores from us. I hear they are quite technologically advanced as well. That must have been some feat to fell their armies. Aren't they also a member of some regional organization?" The First Archon turned to one of his aides and snapped his fingers. The aide, he had been in a conversation with members of the Nedalian delegation, turned to the First Archon and bowed his head slightly. "What was the name of that group? You know, the one the Romans are in?" The aide squinted his eyes and thought for a moment and then smiled as he recalled the memory. "The Strategic Alliance of Autocrat States." the aide said. First Archon Khara nodded and waved his hand, signaling the aide he could go back to what he was doing, and so the aide did. "Anyway..." First Archon Khara said. "Wouldn't you be afraid that getting into a war with them would bring others in as well?"

As the First Archon continued his conversation with President Stone, Alexander slowly made his way through the crowd, glad handing the delegations and occasionally engaging them in some idle chatter, even the First Archon's delegation. Finally he ended up standing a few feet from where Mr.Stack, President Stone, and First Archon Khara where all conversing. Trying to avoid being rude, he turned to talk to some members of President Stone's party.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 29 2005, 03:48 PM

"Ordinarily, we would be concerned about that. However, it seems that all their supposed 'allies' did was to hide some troops in Nova Roman uniforms, and put them into battle. We keep a constant eye on them, though."

President Stone wondered whether the First Archon was hinting at something. Still, all he did was to ask the assembled group if there were any more questions.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 30 2005, 12:40 AM
PMEmail Poster

With the tour wrapping up, Stack was pleased with how things were going. Alexander had been offered the aid the First Archon was receiving, and the First Archon had reassured Stack that the money was being put to good use. The safety net, incase talks faltered and no agreement was reached, was set up. Not only that, Nedalia now had its hands deep in the affairs of the Khazaron, with both parties receiving a substantial amount of aid, and promised investment, from Nedalia.

Heading towards the exit, Stack walked side by side with the Alexander, saying, "You know, we are optimistic about an agreement being reached between your side and the First Archon. We have to think about whats good for Khazaron, and I overheard President Stone suggesting a seperation of some sorts between Loyalist controlled territories and the land controlled by the First Archon. I, personally, want to see you two working together, not seperately. What is your take on the subject?"
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Jul 31 2005, 04:17 PM

Walking with the First Archon, President Stone was chatting with him.

"So," President Stone was saying, "I've heard that the Nedalians have a contingency plan in mind to give the loyalists their own nation seperate from Khazaron. What would your take on such a plan be?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jul 31 2005, 04:50 PM

As the tour of the Lamoni museum was winding down, the First Archon continued his conversation with President Stone. Thinking to himself for a moment at the question the President just asked him, the First Archon then turned to reply. "Well Mr.President, to be honest with you, one of the primary goals of the Six Month War was to try and bring security, peace, and new prosperity to a united Khazaron. The idea of splitting our nation apart would be most disagreeable to us. However, I am also confident that we will be able to find a nice solution to the problem, a compromise if you will."

Meanwhile, Alexander was walking next to Mr.Stack of the Nedalian delegation. "I completely agree with you Mr.Stack." Alexander said in response to his question. "I as well wish only what is best for Khazaron and her people. Despite what the First Archon might believe or has said about us, not all of us Loyalists are concerned only with profit and selling our country to the highest bidder, many of us wish to just see freedom flourish in our great nation. To that end, I will do whatever is necessary. If the situation calls for seperation, then we will." Alexander stopped in his steps for a moment and turned to Mr.Stack and smiled. "But lets pray that it doesn't come to that."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 1 2005, 12:05 PM

Getting the answer that he wanted from the First Archon, the tour wound down, and it was time to go back to the meeting place for some preliminary talks.

In his limo, the expected duo was in with him, and this time, President Stone let them the debate the matter while he reviewed what was going on elsewhere. The situation with the missing nukes in Latao seemed to be going as predicted, the First Archon's office had sent a congratulatory message for Lamoni's aide in the iceberg matter, and Latao was making other nations mad at them again (would they NEVER learn?).

As Stone finished with his musings, the limo had already made it back to the meeting place, and he walked back into the building, nodding to the Lamonian Army personell that were gaurding the building. Now he just had to wait for the other delegations to make it back. Just to help insure that the Nedalians made it back on time, he had had a tracking device planted on their limo. He was curious as to what they had been doing all this time that they were constantly late.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 1 2005, 08:28 PM

The First Archon and his delegation where the second groups to leave, their limo speeding away down the street and ten minutes after President Stone and his aides had left. Inside the limo, First Archon Khara and his aide Johnathan where discussing afairs of state. "How goes the reconstruction of Archon City Johnathan?" The First Archon asked as he was flipping through a folder containing pictures of the city and maps of the planned construction. "Quite well Excellency." Johnathan replied. "In fact, due to the Nedalian aide we are ahead of schedule." The First Archon nodded as he closed the folder and placed it next to him. "Very good. What about the military? How goes the effort to rebuild and re-equip the Khazaron military?" The First Archon asked. Johnathan sighed and looked at a folder he was holding then looked back at the First Archon. "I'm afraid that we are having trouble being able to fully equip our units. Recruitment is going as planned, but we just don't have enough equipment. Most of our weapons factories where hit hard during the recent revolt." The First Archon had a stern look on his face as he clasped his hands. "Inform the Minister of Defense that I am giving him my full authority to take control of the construction efforts to rebuild our defense industry." The First Archon said, to which Johnathan nodded. The conversation for the rest of the ride shifted to what the plans where for the coming talks with Lamoni, Nedalia, and the Loyalists.

As the First Archon and his delegation disembarked at the building, they turned to see the Loyalists arriving right behind them. Turning to his delegation, the First Archon smiled. "Come gentleman, this should be an interesting evening." A few chuckled as they entered the building.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 04:22 PM

President Stone heard the chuckling, and looked up to see the First Archon, Alexander, and their parties enter the conference room. Noting that Nedalia were the last ones to show up, AGAIN; he wondered what they were doing. He had people monitoring the tracking device on their limo, but he didn't want to make the others suspicious. So, he greeted the delegations.

"I see that we are all here except for Nedalia, AGAIN. Am I the only one who is wondering what is taking them so long?"
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 04:47 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Where the hell are you?!" the phone blared.

"Whatcha mean? We had to go get changed, cant show up wearing the same outfits as the museum tour!" cried out one of the delegate members.

"Well hurry up, theyre waiting for Mr. Stack!"

In the other room, Stack was just about ready. The formalities were over with, and now it was time for some serious business. He knew he would have to deal with the issue of seperation, but he honestly did not believe it to be in the best interest of Khazaron. He wanted to see the two sides work together. Somehow he had to get them to be one.

"Ready Mr. Stack? They say we're running late," called out his assistant.

"Running late? Nonsense. We're right on time. Lets go."
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 2 2005, 07:21 PM

The First Archons' delegation, along with the Loyalists delegation, began to get seated and arrange a variety of dcouments and folders they had brought with them. First Archon Khara walked up to President Stone and laughed, a smile on his face. "I think Nedalia is taking the idea of being 'fashinoably late' a little to far, don't you Alexander?" The First Archon turned to the Loyalist leader who was standing right next to him and President Stone. Nodding and laughing a bit himself, Alexander responded. "Indeed that seems to be the case." Alexander said.

Over at the conference table the First Archons' delegation and the Loyalist delegation looked over with looks of concern and slight worry. This was the first time many of the First Archons' delegation had seen him so jovial, especially with a Loyalist. The Loyalists where showing concern, probably because they suspected this jovial nature as an attempt to lull them into a false sense of security.

As the two Khazaronian leaders laughed, the doors to the room opened again and in came the Nedalian delegation. Stifling their laughter, the First Archon smiled and bowed slightly to Mr.Stack as he entered.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 3 2005, 04:03 PM

Waiting until the Nedalian delegation had been seated, President Stone started the talks with a VERY short speach:

"The Free Republic thanks the Khazaronian, Loyalist, and Nedalian delegations for showing up in our country for these talks. Unless someone has objections, the Nedalians have the floor."

Stone sat back and waited for what he was sure would be an interesting negotiation.
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Aug 3 2005, 04:08 PM

First Archon Khara and Alexander quickly seated themselves with their respective delegations as soon as the Nedalians began arriving and finding their place at the table. After listening to President Stone make his short speech, the First Archon turned and looked across the table at the Loyalist delegation and then to Mr.Stack, to await what he had to say.

Alexander was busy conferring with one of his aides while President Stone was making his speech, but was careful to quiet down as soon as he mentioned the Nedalians, turning respectfully to the delegation as the talks began.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Aug 3 2005, 04:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

"To all those in attendance today," began Mr. Stack, "I bid welcome on behalf of the great nation of Lamoni. I have never been one to beat around the bush, so I will proceed directly to the matter at hand. The situation in Khazaron is very close to spiralling out of control, and indeed, if we cant find a solution today, we may be looking at all out civil war. Considering the amount of investment Lamoni and Nedalia have put in the fine nation of Khazaron, it is something that neither side wants to see. More important than that, however, is the humanity aspect of it. It is foolish, in our eyes, for innocent people to suffer in this civil war. As both sides are aware, aid has been offered to the Loyalists and the First Archon to make sure that the suffering of the people is minimalized. There has been talk of seperating the two territories, but we believe there can be a better solution. We want to see both sides working together, and with the unconditional support of the Nedalian government, start a new unity government that represents both sides. Any questions?"
Nedalia
Emperor in Training
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0239 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->