Start new topic
Leavin' On A Jet Plane
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 10:01 AM
PMEmail Poster

JHANNA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - 3pm

The two young men looked quite dashing in their official uniform. Crisp and clean cut, they probably had all the ladies swooning after them back home. But right now, that was the last thing on their minds. They had a job to do.

They approached the staff area. A middle-aged lady, raven black hair now flecked with grey around the temples, wearing a striking purple uniform, spoke to them.

"May I see your identification, please, gentlemen?"

The first of the two men, a taller gentleman with cropped blonde hair going by the name of James, reached into his pocket and pulled out his identification pass. His colleague, a man called Alec, slightly shorter, quite stocky with dark brown hair pulled back into a ponytail, was having trouble finding his pass. James looked at him.

"You know, you should be more careful with that thing. Anyone could pick it up if you leave it behind." He pulled Alec's pass from his own pocket. "Good job I look after you really."

The lady in purple checked over the two passes, and waved the men through. She gave the passes back to James, and spoke to Alec.

"It's gate thirty-seven you need," she then scribbled something on a piece of paper, "and this is for when you get back. Call me."

Alec blushed heavily, smiled slightly, and caught up with James.

"Luck's in then, Al?"

Alec began to blush even more. James smiled confidently. He'd had doubts about the Bureau's forging capabilities, but so far it had been a rousing success. He looked up, and saw a rather impressive-looking helicopter land on a nearby helipad. The two men burst into a sprint.

"Come on, Al, don't want to keep the Pres waiting, now, do we?"

Alec fought hard to hold back a roar of laughter, but failed.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 07:09 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir covered the expanse of the helipad quickly with a brisk stride. He gave only a cursory glance and a nod at their salutes as he stepped into the helicopter.

He waited as the pilots prepared for the flight, and put a call in to his Chief Intelligence Officer, Karl Tiresen. He had nothing to report.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 08:46 AM
PMEmail Poster

"Golf X-Ray Papa Alpha Lima, you have permission to take off."

The chopper blades whirred into life, and the helicopter slowly ascended from the pad. Alec and James carefully cleared the terminal buildings, and set a course for the Presidential plane, currently parked up at an airbase in southern Starblaydia.

"Good Afternoon, Mr President." James addressed President Lauir, while Alec kept the 'bird straight. "With any luck, we should have you back in New Babylonia in excellent time."

Half an hour passed, and the pilots had reached the airbase.

"Control, this is Golf X-Ray Papa Alpha Lima, requesting permission to land."

"Granted. Please proceed to Helipad Three."

And so, the helicopter touched down. James and Alec disembarked, then helped Lauir to the tarmac. The three then stepped off towards the imposing navy and yellow plane ahead. The Presidential Plane.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 09:48 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir was still a little hungover from the drinking at the alliance meeting, and followed his pilots to the plane. He couldn't quite remember the names of the two, so he decided he would forego any type of conversation with the two.

He boarded the plane and sat down, ready to sleep off his previous day's drinking.
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 10:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

Alec and James sat at the cockpit. They had been in the air for good hour and a half now, and apart from the brief bit of turbulence they had encountered over Legalese, the trip so far had been uneventful. The pair were quite surprised that the bumps had failed to stir Lauir. It was almost too easy...

"Leaving Lowland airspace, setting bearing two zero niner. Time to radio KAF Newlands, tell them the package is almost delivered."

"OK Jim. Will do."

It took a few moments for Alec to get a decent signal, but after a short while, he had managed to deliver the message. He looked at Lauir.

"Wow. I could never sleep sitting up."
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 4 2005, 02:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

Tyrannvs glanced over the daily SpySat reports. A note that the Xilian Presidential Plane was in the air caught his eye.

"It's been sometime since I've talked with old Adonis. Maybe he can stop by if he's not too busy."

The Imperator picked up his phone and dialed the President's number.

This post has been edited by Novvs Atlantis on Apr 4 2005, 02:18 PM
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Apr 5 2005, 10:18 AM
PMEmail Poster

Alec jumped a fair few inches in the air as the phone began to ring. He prayed silently that it would not wake up Lauir.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 5 2005, 11:42 AM
PMEmail Poster

Adonis jumped at the chirp of his phone. He would have sworn he programmed it only to ring for important calls.

He looked at the caller ID and saw the Imperators code.

"Oh..." he mumbled.

He listened on the phone for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry, Tyrannus, but I have important domestic matters to handle when I get home. I will be sure to stop by in the next week or so."

He hung up his phone and looked out the window.

He turned to the pilots and said, "Where the hell are we?"

While he spoke he noticed something in the uniform. Something that wasn't right...
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 5 2005, 09:54 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Well, Mr President, we'll be at our destination in approximately half an hour." James swivelled in his chair to face Lauir. "Why don't you just sit back, relax, and I would imagine buckling up that seatbelt would be a good idea." He turned back to face Alec.

"Keep an eye on him." he whispered. "Make sure he has no reason to suspect us."

In a few minutes, the plane would be over the Outer Cities. In less than fifteen, it would be in Krytenian airspace. Alec prayed silently once again.
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 08:23 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir sat back down, he did not put on the seatbelt. In fact, he began to realize that there were no seatbelts on his plane.

He also began looking more closely at a uniform of one of the pilots. He noticed something in the lining of his jacket...

Semtex. It was woven in the lining of his jacket. He had minor experience with explosives that he learned during training when he was just a young officer, and it was unmistakeable.

He begin to realize the hopelessness of his situation, and sat back... fingering the pistol in his pocket.

Ironically, it was the same pistol that he shot Krytenian President Davis with.

There was no way he could kill one before the other was able to bring them both down.

He sighed and said, "I guess you got me boys..."
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 08:54 AM
PMEmail Poster

[OOC: Yes, he's monologuing.]

James raised an eyebrow.

"I'm assuming then, Adonis, you've discovered our plan. Yes, as we speak, we are just a few minutes from Krytenian airspace. In less than thirty minutes, we shall be at an airbase in Northern Krytenia. From there, we shall take you to a nice maximum security prison cell, where you shall await trial. If we're not feeling...vindictive, you won't be sharing one with Kori Davis. Apparently, he really doesn't like you."

"And I wouldn't try anything funny if I were you." He opened his jacket and revealed the lining. "We're both wearing these jackets, and there's a good pound and a half of plastic explosive in each. More than enough to make this plane...unhealthy."

"Jeez, Jim," Alec responded witheringly, "all you're missing is the cat."

Jim shook his head. "Bloody quarantine laws."
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 12:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

The President sighed and stared out the window for a moment. The men had said that he would be going to prison, so the end wasn't necessarily in sight yet. No need to try anything drastic.

The comment about Kori Davis particularly irked him. He wasn't scared of a terrorist pansy.

He turned to the guys in the front, "So - I figured the whole shooting thing would come back and haunt me. Will make a huge spectacle of it will you?"

He laughed and leaned back. "A vacation from my duties could be nice, and I'm sure I won't have too much trouble with my cellmates. I just hope you don't piss me off too much while I'm over there."
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 09:10 PM
PMEmail Poster

James chuckled.

"Must be said, you're taking all this very well." He paused. "Either that or the Stockholm Syndrome's kicked in....Anyway, we'll be landing shortly, and we have an armed guard waiting for you, so, you know, just, er, continue sitting there."

Alec, meanwhile, was contacting Newlands.

"This is Golf X-ray India Lima Echo requesting permission to land. Mr Lauir is on board and will be coming quietly."

The plane began to descend. In less than five minutes, Adonis Lauir would touch Krytenian soil for the first time.

This post has been edited by Krytenia on Apr 6 2005, 09:10 PM
Krytenia
Now With Added Bekk!
Quote Post

YahooMSNTop

Posted: Apr 6 2005, 09:22 PM
PMEmail Poster

Marcus picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Consul Davies, Captain Mike Wilson, of the Legalese Air Tracking and Defense System. I wanted to inform you of a strange circumstance."

Marcus set down his drink. "Go on, Captain, what happened?"

"Well, sir, we had been keeping an eye on a Xilean plane that crossed Legalese airspace. We had been told that one was to be expected, but still, you understand."

"Of course, Captain", said Davies. Xile, while on good (if any) terms with Legalese, was rumored to be part of a meeting held in Starbladyia, a fellow autocratic state, with other autocratic states. While Legalese had no qualms with any of the nations involved, and had no plans to, it still paid to keep an eye on anything coming through the nation.

Wilson continued: "Well, after the plane left our airspace, it headed towards Krytenia, not Xile."

Marcus paused for a second. He had an inkling of why, but didn't want to share it with the Captain. "Alright Captain, thank you for keeping me apprised. Good day."

Marcus hit the flash button, and reconnected with his secretary. "Marcia, can you make a call to Mr. Donnelley? I'd like to see him this afternoon."

About one hour later, John Donnelley entered the office of Consul Davies. "Marcus! How's it going?" he said.

"John, it's good to see you. Do you remember that possible case we talked about?"

Marcus continued with the details. John nodded, knowing what would be next.

"So," Marcus finished, "I would like you to take a trip to Krytenia, as a diplomatic envoy. Also, assist them with the legal matter, if need be."

Marcus rose, as did John. They shook hands.

"Your flight leaves tonight. Marcia will give you the required details, and plane tickets."

John smiled back. "Did you at least get me first class seats?"
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Apr 7 2005, 08:59 AM
PMEmail Poster

President Lauir thought for a second. He was getting slightly bored sitting there, and the impending landing would be a welcome change.

"How do you guys think think the rest of the region is going to respond to my kidnapping? Just wondering what you guys are planning here, really."
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0192 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->