Start new topic
Atlantian Delegate Reaches Out
Posted: Mar 19 2005, 12:06 PM
PM

An open broadcast to the region of Atlantian Oceania, as elected Delegate of Atlantis I feel it is time that the first moves of discussion begin. Graciously you allow us an area to communicate for that I express the personal gratitude of Atlantis, a simple gesture yet one that can be exploited to a beginning era of cooperation.

As Delegate I represent tens of millions of people in a way far more serious and severe than as a national leader however that does not mean progress cannot be made, despite the obvious difficulties. As Delegate I am the one who must make gestures towards other Delegates and that is why I approach you now, more than that though I approach each and everyone of you in Atlantian Oceania to heed my call and allow a strong relationship begin.
We have many issues to discuss, our goals perhaps coincide with yours and it would be a terrible waste for resources to be wasted when a combined effort could reap greater so much more.

Ramon Silvanto
Chairman of the Executive Committee
UN Delegate of Atlantis
Tom Joad
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 20 2005, 04:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

We look forward to the expansion of trade and diplomatic engagements into the region of Atlantis. As a gesture of good faith, the Empire of Nova Roma would like to establish an embassy within the nation of Tom Joad to further diplomatic and, hopefully, economic relations between us.

:Consvl Gaivs Ovidivs Marivs

::: Nova Roma :::
Nova Roma
Fortified Caesar
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 21 2005, 01:27 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Lamoni already has relations with such regions as RWLand and Texas. What can Atlantis offer that such regions cannot?
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Mar 21 2005, 02:06 PM
PM

We are pleased to welcome an embassy contingent from Nova Roma, we will contact you with arrangements shortly, along with increased involvement in the region.
Forgive my ignorance but I know nothing of the regions RWLand and Texas, all I can offer of Atlantis are it’s physical beauty, diverse culture and soon to be developed science institutions. I can understand that such offers are not truly tangible, they are all gifts of the heart and the mind but a trip through our lands and you will see people not so unlike yourselves but just as diverse as each person.

Ramon Silvanto
UN Delegate of Atlantis
Tom Joad
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 21 2005, 02:24 PM
PMEmail Poster

"Hmm, what's this, Marcia?" Said Marcus, communicating from his private area in the Lamonian Retreat.

"Sir, we've been contacted by another nation of Atlantis, Tom Joad. They are actually the region's delegate to the United Nations", said Marcia. "They'd like to open up diplomatic contacts with us."

Marcus thought for a moment. "Well, those New Atlantians were pretty nice, right? Why don't you send them a tube?"

"Sir, they don't have the tube system installed. We're talking Tom Joad, not Starblaydia."

"Oh, yeah... sorry about that. Will you type up a message telling them that we'd like to have a chat? Thanks dear."

Marcia shut off the console, switching to her word processor:

Mr. Silvanto:

The Consulate of Legalese is glad to hear from another member of Atlantis, and would be more than happy to open diplomatic communications with you.  Feel free to contact us about any issue.

Yours,

Marcus Davies
Consul, Legalese Senate
Legalese
Back in Black
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 22 2005, 10:44 AM
PMEmail Poster

Understanding the proximity of Atlantis to Atlantian Oceania, and the possibility for a beneficial and symbiotic relationship between the two regions, the Sacrosanct Realm of Xile would like to extend its diplomatic arm and offer any assistance that could be needed in bringing Atlantis to the forefront of affairs.

Any questions can be directed to Secretary of Diplomatic Affairs, Skylar Avarice.

P.S. - Be careful with him. He has been quite edgy since being held hostage.

President Adonis Lauir
Stratus Capitol Building
New Babylonia
Xile
Punch-Drunk Psychosis
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Mar 22 2005, 12:09 PM

OCC: Is Tom Joad a region or a country ?
Latao
Emperor
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 22 2005, 12:58 PM
PMEmail Poster

OOC: A country. He is the delegate of Atlantis, who now shares a forum with us. Fun for inter-regional RP and such.
Abattoir
Pinprick of Apathy
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Mar 22 2005, 03:21 PM
PM

To> Marcus Davies - Consul, Legalese Senate
I am most pleased to open relations with Legalese and cannot emphasise enough that all fruits begin with tiny beginnings, we need only start them off and give them a little attention when needed but often they grew themselves.

The only issue that is perhaps preying on my mind as a leader than a delegate is the increase of transients we’re predicting to begin visiting the region and the various nations through out. Obviously such visitors bring their own culture and a good many choose to remain however some seek to escape justice from foreign lands.
An agreement on those wanted by the authorised law of a nation should be returned as soon as possible, assistance in making smuggling a trade for other parts of the world and striking back against malicious computer users. I am planning to raise this issue regionally but for now Atlantis must set its goals and plans for the immediate future, as agreed by all nations.

To> Skylar Avarice - Secretary of Diplomatic Affairs
As delegate I personally accept the beginnings of increased diplomacy of Atlantis and Atlantian Oceania, the possibilities are indeed vast and perhaps only limited by our combined thinking. Hopefully discussion can continue in the future and with a more tangible effect I hope.

Do not be concerned about attention to detail in regards to simple mannerisms of a man who has been held hostage, any such incidents would be completely ignored.

Ramon Silvanto
UN Delegate of Atlantis
Tom Joad
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Mar 24 2005, 06:26 PM

Diplomatic Transmission of the Free Republic of Lamoni

To: Ramon Silvanto
UN Delegate of Atlantis

RE: Trade and diplomacy

The Free Republic would be delighted to send an embassy to the nation of Tom Joad, which shall serve as our official point of contact with the region of Atlantis. We look forward to the possibility of increased trade and diplomatic ties.

-ENDS-

This post has been edited by Lamoni on Mar 24 2005, 06:27 PM
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->