Start new topic
Coronation in Khazaron
Posted: Sep 22 2005, 11:37 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

"I can assure you, any attempt by the Latins to move troops into what is currently occupied by allied troops will be dealt with a swift, and brutal, response by the Khazaronian military." replied the Patriarch as he crossed his arms and meet his eyes with each of the people present at the table.
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 22 2005, 01:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

Deputy Vice President for Defence Tom Porter was watching the discussion as the video feed popped up when Sarzonia's entry into the SDL was ratified by the House and electronically approved by Sarzo. He thought carefully about the developing situation in the region and around the rest of the world, fully aware that a significant chunck fo Sarzonian naval assets was set to patrol the Haven region to dissuade Automagfreek from an offensive against Praetonia or Hogsweat.

A Carrier Action Group shouldn't be too much trouble, Porter thought as he considered the assets that were becoming available as the full 3,900 ships that comprised the regular navy and the Ready Reserve were commissioned and on active patrol. A further 2,000 ships were in various stages of refit and they would give Sarzonia even more flexibility to project power throughout the world, while remaining strong at home. Yes, a Carrier Action Group of roughly 30 combatants wouldn't be too difficult. Getting more than a battalion into the former Latao might prove more of a challenge, but with Colonel David Whitney at the controls, it could still do major damage.

"We believe that we can answer the Latin threat effectively, even with our military somewhat thinly spread out," Porter said. "We can send a Carrier Action Group to the area and possibly a Naval Infantry Battalion. We think they can help keep things in solid order."

Porter considered his response for a moment. Telling a group of nations that included one of the linchpins of the FLMS that Sarzonia could have taken down that alliance wasn't an appropriate move, but if dictatorial hellholes like Starblaydia and Xile knew what was good for them, challenging an alliance that now had one of the region's military superpowers wasn't a good idea. He wanted the tone set that Sarzonia was a good fit for the alliance, but it could serve as a powerful hammer for the alliance if it were necessary.

He smiled. His new job as the second in command of Sarzonia's considerable military war machine was quite nice, indeed.
Sarzonia
It's all about the Navy.
Quote Post

Posted: Sep 22 2005, 04:50 PM

Considering the Sarzonian proposal before speaking, Stone's mind went through a series of scenarios on the likely results of such a move. Finally seeing that no one else was saying anything, Stone spoke up. "I see no problem with the proposal from Sarzonia. If anything, it is like what Starblaydia once did to Latao before Latao left AO. Now that Latao's colony is attempting to come back, I feel that the tactic can work again."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 22 2005, 04:55 PM

"Sounds like a good plan." replied Patriarch Khara. "Might I also suggest some aerial survelliance of their new homeland? That way we can keep accurate track of troop movements and any suspicious activity." The Patriarch then stopped to think to himself and chuckled slightly. "That is, if they even have any equipment left after what we did to them."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Posted: Sep 23 2005, 07:26 PM

Stone smiled. "Oh, i'm sure that they might have some assault rifles left. Maybe some anti-air stuff as well. Not too much of that, though. I would suspect that they are going to have to build their economy so that they can buy military equipment to use. Who knows? Maybe if they DO stay peaceful, we might sell them some light arms for peacekeeping uses. As for the recon flights, I think that that would be a very wise precaution until it can be proven that we can trust Nyssa."
Lamoni
Democratic Maniac
Quote Post

AOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Sep 23 2005, 07:37 PM

Patriarch Khara nodded at President Stone and then waved for his aide Johnathan to come close. "Tell Admiral Yisa to get her Carrier Group ready to move south, just outside Latin waters in their new home. However, tell her not to move until I give the go ahead. I want to wait and see their response to my offer."

Johnathan nodded and went off to deliver the message. The Patriarch then turned back to his guests. "Yes, in regards to their war capabilities, I wouldn't have a problem, should they prove trustworthy, helping them set up some sort of defense force. Nothing to big right off the bat though. It's going to take some time for them to gain trust with my government."
Khazaron
The Red Devil
Quote Post

AOLTop

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9] 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0237 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->