Start new topic
AO Champions League V - Signup Thread
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:42 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Its been a long time since there was a regional domestic football/soccer competition. Seeing the NS-Wide competitions start up, I figured I'd post a thread here as well. (The Last AO CL was AOCL-4 won by Limbrogidila)

Does anyone have interest in one?

If so post 3 entries

1) League Champion / Highest Placed Team
2) Cup Winner or Alternative Team
3) Any third team you select

Every nation interested will be guaranteed 1 entry, 2nd and third entries will be added per some convoluted formula i will create if interest permits.

Entry Criteria:

A) All nations entering will be guaranteed their #1 entry in the tournament.
cool.gif The tournament shall feature a 32 team group stage with 8 groups.
C) If more than 20 nations submit entries, a preliminary qualification stage shall be added
D) To fill the required slots, multiple entries will be awarded to a nation based on the ranking coefficients or other factors.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 02:11 PM
PMEmail Poster

I'm interested, but I do have a few questions that should be asked before we decide to do a full on revival.

1) If revived, are we going to have it run along the same schedule as the UICA events, with two per WC?

2) Who is going to be the scorinator and what are they going to use to scorinate?

3) Are there coefficients? If so, are we going to use those or start from fresh?

4) The method of choosing clubs for the competition should be left to the individual nations, not mandated, seeing as how in many instances there are multiple cups in nations domestic leagues or squads do doubles.

5) And where will this be hosted, on the AO forum or the NS one? I personally would prefer the NS forum, run in the IDSN, so as more nations from both the region and out of the region would see it.

Tentatively, I'll put forth my entries.

1) Hondo FC (League Champion)
2) Raynor City United (Navy Cup Champion)
3) FC Capri (Silver Cup Champion)
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Valanora @ Jan 8 2012, 03:11 PM)
I'm interested, but I do have a few questions that should be asked before we decide to do a full on revival.

1) If revived, are we going to have it run along the same schedule as the UICA events, with two per WC?

2) Who is going to be the scorinator and what are they going to use to scorinate?

3) Are there coefficients? If so, are we going to use those or start from fresh?

4) The method of choosing clubs for the competition should be left to the individual nations, not mandated, seeing as how in many instances there are multiple cups in nations domestic leagues or squads do doubles.

5) And where will this be hosted, on the AO forum or the NS one? I personally would prefer the NS forum, run in the IDSN, so as more nations from both the region and out of the region would see it.

Tentatively, I'll put forth my entries.

1) Hondo FC (League Champion)
2) Raynor City United (Navy Cup Champion)
3) FC Capri (Silver Cup Champion)

--- I would say likely no, more like 1 per world cup.

--- People who want to host can bid like classic events, the entries should be fairly limited (40 cap) to keep it manageable and easy to do with a classic World Cup style scorinator

--- If there is interest, and I hosted (I'm happy for someone else to), I would probably do something like I did for the AOHC where coefficients were generated by nation based on performance in past AOCL's, AOCAF's and/or UICA having an input. However, the weightings would all be fairly small such that the Ranks will be fairly close, and performance in the AOCL V would dominate the rankings going into AOCL VI. That, or we can just use those factors to determine the number of teams each nation gets in, and we can start fresh with zero rank.

--- It is a Champions League, so I think the *guaranteed* Nation should be a some sort of champion, be it an actual league champion, or a nations highest finishing team in a multi-national league. After that, it can be any team, the "Cup Winner" part was just a suggestion.

--- I would say scores would be posted on IDSN but any detail/matchday RP's should be in here.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 03:18 PM
PMEmail Poster

1) I would prefer 2, if we are indeed doing a revival and not just something here and there.

2) Not in agreement with this, as shown by the UICA events, keeping it as a single host and scorinator program provides for the best consistency in keeping the tournament going as desired.

3) I'm really look at fresh rankings or for this tournament using a portion of previous AOCL's & UICA to create a base for this edition and then use this edition going forward. I think it seems the most fair since it has been ages since the last AOCL.

4) Agree that the main entrant should be the league champions.

5) Sounds find to me as well.
Valanora
a.k.a Elves Security Forces
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 03:37 PM
PMEmail Poster

The Paripana Sporting Council is concerned that an Atlantian Oceania Champions League would require adding a large number of fixture dates to an already-congested schedule without producing a substantially different event from the existing Champions’ Cup, which has been won by a club from Atlantian Oceania twenty-seven times, including the last nine consecutively. It invites its fellow football associations to develop a format which would address this concern, and would like to not-at-all-subtly remind them that an event not including Paripanan teams, who hold a fifth of all world club championships ever, would not produce a true regional champion.
Commerce Heights
Royal Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Valanora @ Jan 8 2012, 04:18 PM)
1) I would prefer 2, if we are indeed doing a revival and not just something here and there.

2) Not in agreement with this, as shown by the UICA events, keeping it as a single host and scorinator program provides for the best consistency in keeping the tournament going as desired.

3) I'm really look at fresh rankings or for this tournament using a portion of previous AOCL's & UICA to create a base for this edition and then use this edition going forward. I think it seems the most fair since it has been ages since the last AOCL.

4) Agree that the main entrant should be the league champions.

5) Sounds find to me as well.

1) Well, considering its 3-4 months between world cups, 2 is fine if everyone commits. I didn't imagine having more than 1 AOCL every 2 months though, so if the pace of the world cup picks up... especially per this:

The Paripana Sporting Council is concerned that an Atlantian Oceania Champions League would require adding a large number of fixture dates to an already-congested schedule without producing a substantially different event from the existing Champions’ Cup, which has been won by a club from Atlantian Oceania twenty-seven times, including the last nine consecutively. It invites its fellow football associations to develop a format which would address this concern, and would like to not-at-all-subtly remind them that an event not including Paripanan teams, who hold a fifth of all world club championships ever, would not produce a true regional champion.

I would look at the AOCL as a special event, not a *must do every time there is gap in the world cup* event, Which is also why I invisions it more as a "true" champions cup with a hard cap at 40 teams, with a goal of something more like 32 entrants from 20 nations.

2) If someone wants to step up as a permanent scorinator thats fine, I'm happy to host it if needed to revive it, but I wouldn't want to commit to hosting it every time and then not be able to one time.
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 05:53 PM

I'm in conditionally, subject to the level of interest from other nations.
Pacitalia
The best place on earth.
Quote Post

AOLMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Pacitalia @ Jan 8 2012, 06:53 PM)
I'm in conditionally, subject to the level of interest from other nations.

Do you have 3 clubs you would like to enter, conditionally?
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 06:51 PM
PMEmail Poster

I would also participate depending on the interest level.
Cafundéu
Dedicated Scribe
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Cafundéu @ Jan 8 2012, 07:51 PM)
I would also participate depending on the interest level.

We need 10 nations to sign up in order to have a tournament, I dont think that will be a problem smile.gif Since we are already at 4 or 5

The Vilitan League will be submitting the following teams from two different nations (To be confirmed separately):

Strike (Vilita)
Cednia Beach (Turori)
Arcticala Inlet (Vilita)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 08:44 PM
PMEmail Poster

Count me in. I can never find time for the larger version on NS, bu this one fits right in.

As i do not incorporate Cups inot my league play, I will send my top 3 of 54 domestic squads - if that is ok.

user posted image
1. Errion Vega FK (Ghost Cats)

user posted image
2. Stonengarten UH (Red Hammers)

user posted image
3. Vegai 4th Quad (Chargers)

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega
The Dragon's Herald
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Andossa Se Mitrin Vega @ Jan 8 2012, 09:44 PM)

As i do not incorporate Cups inot my league play, I will send my top 3 of 54 domestic squads - if that is ok.

That will be perfect smile.gif We will let you know, pending other national signups, how many will participate, but for sure the Ghost Cats will be in smile.gif
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:16 PM
PMEmail Poster

Is it acceptable for new nations to join in the competition?
Borsola
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Borsola @ Jan 8 2012, 10:16 PM)
Is it acceptable for new nations to join in the competition?

Yes, you may still submit 3 teams, however, note that it is likely that newer nations would be on the bottom of the list (first to have #3 and #2 clubs removed if we near a team cap)
Vilita
Founder
Quote Post

ICQAOLYahooMSNTop

Posted: Jan 8 2012, 10:13 PM
PMEmail Poster

I figured as much. Not a problem, and I'll submit these three clubs:

[LIST]
[*] CF Traian (won the top-tier Championship)
[*] Distrugatoarele de Estase (one of the capital's two football clubs; won the Binafone Speed Trials (a cup solely decided on shoot-outs) and did pretty well in the regular season of the Championship).
[*] Asociaţie Atletic de Edesă (won the second-tier League One).

There you have it. smile.gif
Borsola
Scribe in Training
Quote Post

Topic OptionsReply to this topicMake a quick replyStart PollStart new topic
Pages: (3) [1] 2 3 

[ Script Execution time: 0.0164 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

-->